Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2007-08-21, 19:05

default installed synth sounds not so great...

I've just installed Reason 3.0 and find the included piano sounds to be acceptable, but I find the synth sounds not so great for me. Note I am using Reason solely to play solo keyboard at home. I would like to find some quiet, pleasant, melodic synth sounds to this end. Any suggestions where to find such sounds out there?

Thanks
Carl
Old 2007-08-21, 23:59

Re: default installed synth sounds not so great...

Look around at the various free refills offered on this site as well as start designing your own sounds.

: I've just installed Reason 3.0 and find the included piano sounds to be acceptable, but I find the synth sounds not so great for me. Note I am using Reason solely to play solo keyboard at home. I would like to find some quiet, pleasant, melodic synth sounds to this end. Any suggestions where to find such sounds out there?
:
: Thanks
: Carl
Small Dot Complex
Old 2007-08-22, 02:24

: I've just installed Reason 3.0 and find the included piano sounds to be acceptable, but I find the synth sounds not so great for me. Note I am using Reason solely to play solo keyboard at home. I would like to find some quiet, pleasant, melodic synth sounds to this end. Any suggestions where to find such sounds out there?
:
: Thanks
: Carl

all synth sounds need to be made to work with each other. best thing to do is to tweak it all, (add effects etc) til they sit comfortably together.
Old 2007-08-27, 08:26

If you need vintage keyboards, get the electromechanical refill download. I believe it is a free download for registered users of Reason 3.0. Has some very tasty rhodes and wurlys, along with clavinet and b3.

Cosmic
Old 2010-12-11, 11:42

cheese sound s

well now that's a perspective

HERE is is the Pepsi Challenge
you take the worse , cheesiest patches
and write a song that sounds great melody rhythm flow
pocket calculator by Kraftwerk would make my point for me .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSBybJGZoCU
I double dare you to try it.

we should start a contest for the best Cheesewerk (please my German speaking friends,
help me with a genre title in German, of songs composed of tacky sounds) songs made of compost sounds post'm and make a comp...

Last edited by ikeaboy; 2010-12-11 at 11:44. Reason: dyslexia
Old 2010-12-11, 12:09

for the bginning you should make a journey through the SFB first. In the Thor Patches folder, you will find a lot of great synth sounds. from soft to hard, from mono to 3d alike, basses also as bells. in fact that you found a good piano I assume this was the NN-XT sampler. but you want to create synth sounds, what makes a sampler senseless.

try them all and tweak the knobs. try to listen what happens and you will understand sooner as you expect to be.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:50

Guys – This thread is from August 2007 and therefore over three years old. The OP apparently joined a week before posting this, made this one post/thread and never posted again. I don’t think that he’s going to see this.

It has been sort of an interesting last week here for years-old threads being resurrected. Somewhat interesting here: this thread only got about 20 total Views in 08/2007 and with only the three Replies back then, I can’t say that I blame the OP.

Truhse – Hey, that’s some good advice you give. The Factory Sound Bank (FSB) is a beautiful thing that so many users just seem to look down on without exploring it. With 4,526 patches and loops in the FSB and another 302 all NN-XT patches in the Orkester, I agree with you - it makes for quite an expedition.