Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2007-10-05, 10:19

Stereo Rewire Cubase 4 broken - Props influence Steinberg?

In Cubase SX 3 you used to be able to get stereo rewire channels for Reason by alt-clicking in the rewire panel. In C4 they broke it. Read about it here:

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=56365

A year later this is still not fixed. Read Steinberg's reply in this thread:

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=77656

The reply states that they probably won't even bother looking at a fix until a 64-bit version of Rewire is released.

Dear very nice developers at Propellerhead HQ, if I send you some delicious ice-cream is there any way you could have a word with the guys in Hamburg to get this fixed? It seems that they wont listen to their customers so maybe you could influence things?

Old 2007-10-05, 10:37

Re: Stereo Rewire Cubase 4 broken - Props influence Steinberg?

It would appear that the Cubase userbase is already doing a great job there.

That thread made me chuckle. No "FIX THIS NOW... U SUXXORZ!!!", instead two pages of eloquent and polite posts with a sublime "f*** you kindly" touch.
Old 2007-10-05, 10:58

Re: Stereo Rewire Cubase 4 broken - Props influence Steinber

: In Cubase SX 3 you used to be able to get stereo rewire channels for Reason by alt-clicking in the rewire panel. In C4 they broke it. Read about it here:
:
: http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=56365
:
: A year later this is still not fixed. Read Steinberg's reply in this thread:
:
: http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=77656
:
: The reply states that they probably won't even bother looking at a fix until a 64-bit version of Rewire is released.
:
: Dear very nice developers at Propellerhead HQ, if I send you some delicious ice-cream is there any way you could have a word with the guys in Hamburg to get this fixed? It seems that they wont listen to their customers so maybe you could influence things?
:
:
:
:

i have been following that thread on cubase.net and having seen yours on here i think your barking up the wrong tree here, have a look around here and see how many user say the props dont listen to their user base so i cannot see how the props would be bothered with this!!

Old 2007-10-09, 15:50

: It would appear that the Cubase userbase is already doing a great job there.
:
: That thread made me chuckle. No "FIX THIS NOW... U SUXXORZ!!!", instead two pages of eloquent and polite posts with a sublime "f*** you kindly" touch.

Hmmm...but the request is still being ignored by Steinberg...
Old 2007-10-09, 15:53

: Hmmm...but the request is still being ignored by Steinberg...

Oh, that I'm sure of. I just made an observation regarding the tone, you know... Cubase.net vs. Prop GF.
Old 2007-10-09, 19:44

Yeah, its things like this that get Steinberg loathed and derided by their userbase. Its a pretty hostile relationship in general I would say.

In contrast, there are a decent amount of users, the majority, I think, who actually really like Pheads, not only as a company but as a group of people. This is pretty rare.

As far as what Blank said about the tone of the cubase.net forums as compared to the GF over here, oh yeah, couldn't agree more. Totally opposite. Over there you have articulate adult sounding people being rudely scolded and hand-slapped by steinberg moderators, and on the GF you have people who seem like they sucked and chewed on too many chinese manufactured lead-painted Big Bird dolls when they were in the crib, attacking the company outright and praying for its demise, being responded to politely by Phead people.

I guess the world would be a very civilized place if it were populated only by the Pheads, us "irreproachable" type people here on the PUF, and Cubase users.
Cubase moderators on the other hand can go the way of the Dodo bird. Adapt or die. :-}

j.
Old 2007-10-09, 20:00

Oops, this is the GF! Maybe I should join Steiny's Mods n/t

Old 2007-10-09, 20:15

Re: Oops, this is the GF! Maybe I should join Steiny's Mods n/t

It's OK, the clientele here wouldn't notice. It's one of the rare upshots of the lead paint. ;P
Old 2007-10-09, 21:54

Hah! Phew....... n/t

: It's OK, the clientele here wouldn't notice. It's one of the rare upshots of the lead paint. ;P
Old 2007-10-10, 11:28

: In Cubase SX 3 you used to be able to get stereo rewire channels for Reason by alt-clicking in the rewire panel. In C4 they broke it. Read about it here:
:
: http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=56365
:
: A year later this is still not fixed. Read Steinberg's reply in this thread:
:
: http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=77656
:
: The reply states that they probably won't even bother looking at a fix until a 64-bit version of Rewire is released.
:
: Dear very nice developers at Propellerhead HQ, if I send you some delicious ice-cream is there any way you could have a word with the guys in Hamburg to get this fixed? It seems that they wont listen to their customers so maybe you could influence things?
:
:
:
:

Come on Props guys! The ice-cream is starting to melt...