Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2007-10-20, 19:33

Free running version of wave table oscillator

Right now the Analog and the Multi oscillators are free running ;-) The Wavetable, Phase Mod and FM Pair oscillators are not. They start every time a voice gets alocated at exactly the same phase. I like my oscillators to be free running so i wouldnt mind if all was free running or if key synced would be a option button so one can chose.

GreetZ,

-M-

By the way are the Phase mod and FM oscillator actualy wavetable oscillators? They for shore behave the same... For exapample FM from max to min FM amt. sounds like 6 tables crossing. So instead of eeaaoouu i hear eewwaawoowuu if that makes any sense...
Old 2007-10-22, 10:49

Re: Free running version of wave table oscillator

: Right now the Analog and the Multi oscillators are free running ;-) The Wavetable, Phase Mod and FM Pair oscillators are not. They start every time a voice gets alocated at exactly the same phase. I like my oscillators to be free running so i wouldnt mind if all was free running or if key synced would be a option button so one can chose.
:
: GreetZ,
:
: -M-
:

I think that free/sync button for every oscillator would be ideal. And also option for selecting starting phase if they are synced - this is usefull for adjusting the attack character of two detuned oscillators in synced phase mode..