Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-08-27, 15:23
moperandi

Alias/Ghost clips?

I am considering starting to use Reason for my music production. I am used to working with Logic and Cubase, where arrangements can be built up by creating parts (clips?) that are copied as aliases/ghosts to make the arrangement. For example, a four bar bass line groove, which is repeated in the song arrangement.

By having ghost parts, when creating the song it is only needed to update one part instead of changing all identical parts, if for example a modification to the bass groove is needed. I can't seem to find any similar way of building arrangements in Reason, without having to change every single identical part in an arrangement. Perhaps I have missed something. Any help would be appreciated!