Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2008-11-20, 11:13

Rack window should stay always in front ...

... , if I worked with detached seq. window . I mean , it is not so cool , if I have the seq . window over the whole sceen and wanna edit something in the rack and go back to seq. , the rack disappear and I must open it again or bring it in front etc....
It should be a option "always in front" or something ... (OSX)
Old 2008-11-20, 11:36

Why don't you just place the rack and sequencer windows side by side? That is what I do if I do not need to work fullscreen on sequencer.

A widescreen display (of suitable resolution, mine is 20" @ 1680x1050) is a must for this but it does work really great.
Old 2008-11-20, 14:04

well , I do this often , but I love it having the whole screen for the sequencer , better overview ...
Old 2008-11-20, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah View Post
... , if I worked with detached seq. window . I mean , it is not so cool , if I have the seq . window over the whole sceen and wanna edit something in the rack and go back to seq. , the rack disappear and I must open it again or bring it in front etc....
indeed, a "stay on top" choice for detached sequencer is a must!

also, every user is detaching sequencer differently. for example i'm detaching the sequencer all the way right and a bit up to gain arrange view! i'm working this way because i found it more natural to have the selected device up from the sequencer for editing!
Unfortunately when you working with detached seq and select a track/device which is at the bottom in track info area, the device is not going to the top of the rack for editing!

this is a simple but a quite serious feature for users who like to work with detached seq this way!

Old 2008-11-20, 15:40
Propellerhead

Did you know you can switch between the sequencer and rack windows with Command/Ctrl + 1 and Command/Ctrl + 2? This makes switching over to the rack window to adjust a device parameter and then back very quickly when the sequencer is detached, or when it is attached but minimized.
Old 2008-11-20, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah View Post
In the rack window just select from the menu Window->Stay On Top - It gives you exactly what you are asking for.

I'm running windows XP.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Did you know you can switch between the sequencer and rack windows with Command/Ctrl + 1 and Command/Ctrl + 2? This makes switching over to the rack window to adjust a device parameter and then back very quickly when the sequencer is detached, or when it is attached but minimized.
hi leo, you've probably misunderstand me. if you're working with the seq detached as seen in the picture above and you select a track/device that is in at the bottom of the rack (and not only), the devices does not appear at the top of the rack for further editing!
please let me know if theres a way to fix that although i doubt.
Old 2008-11-21, 11:36

Are Playboy19 and Leah the same people?

Because if not, then you are asking two different questions, I think.

For Leah:

Command+` ("tilde") switches windows WITHIN an application. Similar to the way Command+Tab switches between programs. If you have multiple Safari or Firefox windows open right now, try it...

Or, you could just do what Leo says and press Command+1 and Command+2 to switch between the rack and the sequencer, this way, you can have the sequencer window maximized...

as for Playboy19:
I can see your frustration. My understanding is that when you click on a device in the sequencer, you want that device to scroll to the top of the rack no matter if it is the last one at the bottom, correct?

peace,
-Cubricon
Old 2008-11-21, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUBRICON View Post
as for Playboy19:
I can see your frustration. My understanding is that when you click on a device in the sequencer, you want that device to scroll to the top of the rack no matter if it is the last one at the bottom, correct?

peace,
-Cubricon
exactly! clicking on any device in the seq, the device should appear at the top of the rack for further editing, its more natural this way!
i believe that this is a quite simple request but extremely useful for users who are working with seq detached as seen in the picture above.

Last edited by playboy19; 2008-11-21 at 15:53.
Old 2008-11-21, 14:18

Wink

Thanx Cubricon and Leo , it's a workaround , but it would be better if the rack would always stay in front ... whatever - it's not so important that I can't work any longer ...