Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-04-19, 02:49
meksonbintang

Badly quantize note on Reason 4

Just to the point :

Hi the reason musik maker in here i want ask some trouble with my reason 4 engine,before this case i'm use the reason 3 but when i used reason 4 the quantize note 64 (for example piano note) its cannot worked or cannot be used.Before i make this threat i already ask to propellerhead support but no reply...
I think the reason 3 engine is nicely than reason 4 engine
Or.....
Is reason 4 engine its not completly when make this software?
If anybody knows about this case i to hope for help me soon.
I really love this wonderfull software....

Mekson Bintang
JJ-Pro Recording Mastering Studio
Jakarta Indonesia
Old 2009-04-19, 03:49

Smile

You need to register in order to get the Props tech support to help you.

Regarding the problem, the quantize still works perfectly, so there must be something you're doing wrong. How are you implementing the quantize?

B
Old 2009-04-19, 17:14
meksonbintang

Hi thanks for d reply..but anyway thanks a lot Brian.Nice to meet you friend..
Check the beat calculating from note parameter range ,1/32, its same 1/64...
How can i get the picture sample in here,in order clearly..

Best Regards..
Old 2009-04-19, 21:34

I may be off-base 'cause I'm still new to R4 but I think you need to set up the quant options in the Tools window (F8)... at least that's working for me after I had a similar experience.
Old 2009-04-19, 21:57

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddson View Post
I may be off-base 'cause I'm still new to R4 but I think you need to set up the quant options in the Tools window (F8)... at least that's working for me after I had a similar experience.
I'm thinking along these lines too, are you maybe looking at the snap rather than the quantize? There's also a seperate tool for note lengths.

B
Old 2009-04-20, 01:13
meksonbintang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlifebware View Post
I'm thinking along these lines too, are you maybe looking at the snap rather than the quantize? There's also a seperate tool for note lengths.

B
Ok friends Thanks a lot for the input...

Best Regards
Old 2009-04-20, 14:13

...just a quick confirmation... there's nothing wrong with the R4 engine that has anything to do with quantization. You'll need to look at your options and do some more tests, removing any complexities as you figure it out. Post again, and the folks here will help you out. best, jgirv