Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2009-09-16, 09:00

Exclamation The official 'MIDI-Out for Record' thread

The story so far (see signature - for those that can't be a***d to read through all the pages of this thread).

Last edited by Dogboy1973; 2010-10-28 at 16:26.
Old 2009-09-16, 09:12

Haha. I'll second that request in a heartbeat!
Old 2009-09-16, 10:19

Absolutely - it's the only way I'll get rid of Cubase for good. Bring on Midi-Out!
PS isn't it great to be able to post stuff like this without fear of being trolled

Here's one to start with:
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2009-09-16, 10:19

I dont like the banner design, and i dont have a clue what benefits midi out will have, but i am pro progress so i'm pro midi out

YES is my vote.
Old 2009-09-16, 10:30

Yes to midi out.
For me it needn't be any more than the ability to sync an external sequencer e.g. Roland MV-8800 so as to record its output back into Record.
Old 2009-09-16, 10:39

Yes I'm begging for a Mido-Out implementation for Record. I'm using a few hardware synths and I'm used to pilot other soft synths and ROMpler based on another computer and then take the sound through a real anologic and tube rack. Now that Record gives us the possibility to record audio, it will be definitively havesome to get a midi out solution inside Record so i can use the Propellerhead's sequencer which i'm so used to to pilot outside the box solutions and record them back into Record !!!!

As I understand the Prop's philosophy about VST/AU instruments as it is the best way to f*ck the stability and CPU up, I must admit I still do not understand why a midi-out implementation would be a problem ?

I asked once in this forum if it would be possible for the marketing team to explain us the choice and philosophy behind not having proposed midi out for Record. But no one came and gave an answer, even one like "sorry but we are not allowed to talk about this for the moment !" I whish they would.

P.S. Hey ! Why I don't get my Record icon next to my user's name ? I have registered now ???? :-(

Last edited by Yvo2000; 2009-09-16 at 10:46.
Old 2009-09-16, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelox View Post
I dont like the banner design.
I knocked it up this morning before leaving for work I might redo it when I get home tonight
Old 2009-09-16, 11:47

I'm pro MIDI out although it's not a feature I would use personally. I know plenty of people who still use hardware and I'd prefer they were using Propellerhead stuff than having to recommend Ableton to them. Also I know people who have moved from Reason to Ableton because of its plugin / hardware compatibility.
Old 2009-09-16, 12:16

But isn't there a danger that the R+R is going to get bloated?

The R+R set-up is now quite involved. It is going to take me a long time to get my head round it all, and if R+R turns into Logic or Cubase, I would be most upset.

People have lots of software to use if they choose to use their plugins and hardware. Does the market need another one? I mean, people can use Logic or Ableton if they wish!
Old 2009-09-16, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubmachine View Post
But isn't there a danger that the R+R is going to get bloated?

The R+R set-up is now quite involved. It is going to take me a long time to get my head round it all, and if R+R turns into Logic or Cubase, I would be most upset.

People have lots of software to use if they choose to use their plugins and hardware. Does the market need another one? I mean, people can use Logic or Ableton if they wish!
No discussions please. Sorry, just trying to keep this down to a simple yay or nay with a sentance saying why wherever possible, less the thread doesn't get bloated like Cubase & Logic before it!! But to make an excpetion & answer your question I think MIDI-out could be quite a largely tranparent feature for those not wishing to use it. It's certainly not going to suddenly turn R+R into a bloated mess of a program. MIDI is already there anyway.

So is it a nay from you, bubmachine?