Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-12-12, 04:18

Favorite list recovory in reason ?

Ok so we all know Pc's get viruses and iv had to reinstall windows on here i dont know how many times which means i must reinstall or atleast put the cd's back in to reinstall reason when doing so i loose my favorite list. now i know there is somewhere that this list is being writen toobut where is this folder someone please help iv lost so many sounds so many times and it takes soo long to look through the gigs of samples can anyone tell me where this favorite list might be or if there is a way to recover my favorites list? I NEED HELP WITH THIS SOOO BAD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. thanks to all
Old 2009-12-12, 05:41

I will be consolidating/orginizing all my samples/refills here soon, and I too would like to know if the favs can be exported/backed up.
Old 2009-12-12, 12:03

Smile

Ok, I'm not trying to be funny (ok maybe I am), but how do you get so many viruses that you have to keep reformatting your PC? My AV software is always kept up to date and I do regular scans and I've never had a virus.

You wouldn't be visiting...shall we say, less than noteworthy sites?
Old 2009-12-12, 20:03

Viruses......that's why my daw pc has no internet connection. Hell it doesn't even have anti virus software installed. Anything that gets put on my daw pc is scanned first with my main pc.

However, I too would like to know about favs recovery......just in case
Old 2009-12-17, 09:00

Ok so no one knows the answer? and yea i get the viruses and malware all the time i have a antivirus but with all the sites my bro goes on im bein attacked by some of the worst viruses out there lol. but yes please i need help still and my computer will always be on the net.. so i guess someone from prop please help or i will be emailing them dirctly soon very soon thanks alot. nd if i find out how i will post the instructions. but i mean theres somewhere its being recorded too and loaded from ya kno??
Old 2009-12-17, 09:51

Could it be the DAT file in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Propellerhead Software\Reason"?

But you really should have a word with your brother; viruses are out there but so long as you apply common sense you have very little chance of ever having to worry about it. Sure there is lots of malware attached to some illegal downloads and traps set out for newbies, but after the first few times he should be aware of what he's doing.

Alternatively you can give him limited access to a guest account (which should help a little). You can invest in more sophisticated Internet security, if Avast is not strong enough then how about Norton or there could be something else.

Prepare for virus attacks just in case, but why should your expensive purchases be jeopardised by people who aren't willing to take care of the machine?
Old 2009-12-17, 10:17
Propellerhead

http://www.propellerheads.se/substan...cle=april-2007