Propellerhead Software
Old 2009-12-23, 10:54

More dials and buttons on combinators

When I make huge patches inside a combinator I run out of programmer sections.
So more buttons and dials , at least 6 of each would fit the current graphics.
And the ability to map 1 dial/button to many things inside - I believe the max right now is 10 total in the programming pane. So that is 4 buttons and 4 dials and then 2 free spots to map 1 dial/button to 3 things or 2 dials to 2 things each and the rest only 1.

E.g. when I put double bass, cello, viola and violin ensembles inside a combinator in 4 different accents (16 NNXT devs!) Id want to map 1 button to enable 4 NNXTs AND disable 12. And anotehr button to do the same for other articulations, etc... Thats 32 mappings just for 2 buttons, etc... actually a tristate/quadro state button would be better Then tehre is the dials for volume of the 4 sections times 4 articulations. and 2 buttons for whatever (in my case enable scream tape modulation and reverb).

IF we were allowed to add combinators inside combinators that would enable me to do what I want - if that is easier to program for you that would work , too.
Old 2009-12-23, 16:21

You need a sub-mix in there somewhere. Send all your strings to a mixer, then out to another mixer one one channel. Now with one button you can mute/un-mute the whole sub-mix. And even assign one knob to the single fader that controls the string sub-mix.

You have to reduce the clutter before you get to the combinator buttons ...

Does that fit with what you're trying to do?
Old 2009-12-28, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by picass069 View Post
You need a sub-mix in there somewhere. Send all your strings to a mixer, then out to another mixer one one channel. Now with one button you can mute/un-mute the whole sub-mix. And even assign one knob to the single fader that controls the string sub-mix.

You have to reduce the clutter before you get to the combinator buttons ...

Does that fit with what you're trying to do?
It is certainly a good idea to stuff some things together and I then get the choice between controlling articulations or individual volumes (whether to put all violins together under one volume knob or all articulations under one knob), but it is not enough. So it makes it better but not completely fixed.
There is no reason to limit how many places to map 1 knob/button in the programmer..