Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-02-16, 10:22

Polyphonic CV in Record and Reason

Just like the title suggests, I'd like to see polyphonic CV support in Record and Reason. A lot of applications support this already such as Arturias Moog Modular V, ARP2600 V and u-he ACE to name a few. The user should be able to choose obviously if the outputted CV signal is poly or mono. Well actually this is just one of many different solutions to polyphonic modular style routing that I'd love to see in Record and Reason.
Old 2010-02-16, 21:20

i'd like to add to your suggestion:

how about a "cv box" that give specific control over cv signals?

send any cv signal to the box, then choose parameters to do certain things. for example, send a basic cv signal to the box, then the box "processes" the signal so that you can choose what you want each value to do. say you want the signal to only be sent to a certain output on certain values, like odd numbers, or a range. this could be done in a matrix style, that is of course, user friendly. this would make it possible to have "polyphonic cv". you could transpose the individul cv signals that were split from a single source so that a single key would trigger a chord.

what are you looking to achieve at the moment? it may already be possible, a discussion on how to achieve polyphonic cv may lead you to some creative answers.

Old 2010-02-17, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofi1990 View Post
what are you looking to achieve at the moment? it may already be possible, a discussion on how to achieve polyphonic cv may lead you to some creative answers.
For instance you could create a 6 oscillator synth with two Thor's were all 6 oscillators between the two Thors could be polyphonically modulated by each-other (i.e. real polyphonic 6-OP FM). You could then also use Envelopes and LFO's from different synths routed within eachother and have them affect each note in a polyphonic way rather than just a global envelope. (I.e. one envelope or LFO for each actual 'voice').

If you were to achieve this with a real modular you would have to have a copy of each 'patch' for as many # of voices that you want, but even then you'd need a MIDI to CV/GATE interface that splits the CV/GATE signals evenly among the different synths.
Old 2010-02-17, 19:39

What I'd like (that's similar to what you're suggesting) is polyphonic (voice level) I/O between devices. I'd love to use raw samples from an NNXT through Thor's filters and mod matrix. :-)
Old 2010-02-22, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
What I'd like (that's similar to what you're suggesting) is polyphonic (voice level) I/O between devices. I'd love to use raw samples from an NNXT through Thor's filters and mod matrix. :-)
Yes, I'd love to see something like this as well. I'm also for the addition of "Audio In" on the Subtractor.