Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-02-23, 17:34

I've been thinking (for a long time now) how Reason/Record tiny controls would work on a multi-touch environment and I always come to the same conclusion:

Either:
  • one has a giant MT screen/surface (to get hand-sized controls)
  • use a very low screen resolution (again, to get sizable controls)
  • a pop-up zoomed or "zoomable" version of the selected device(s?) (btw, I hate VST-like pop-ups, but I guess I wouldn't mind having'em on a multitouch screen/surface).
  • make the whole rack "zoomable"

I would love to control the rack devices directly with my fingers, it would be the closest thing to actually having the hardware version, but I'm still not sure how or if its practical as is right now.

Last edited by Koshdukai; 2010-02-23 at 17:36.
Old 2010-02-23, 23:33

Or a new combi-like device, but functions like MAX that has presets of devices already(Like faders, buttons, knobs, or even a turn table-like device) that you can just add or remove for customization purposes. That way we could just route the things we want to control, and from there we control it on the multi-touch screen.

It is really possible for Props to add that function if we based it on their approach to Reason. It would really open a lot of possibilties...
Old 2010-02-24, 02:52

Id like to see a complete overhaul of the the reverbs, delays, and filters on thor. I also wouldn't mind seeing a new sequencer with more ableton-esque options
Old 2010-02-25, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudelab21 View Post
Oh yeah, MIDI Out...LOL I mean cmon! Is the MIDI out really a threath for the company coz people wants to use their hardware and not refills??? Or maybe we can forget about the effects, and just add this feature...LOL People will go crazy if props will add this next year. Coz the thing is, some synth sounds can't be played live, some needs to be drawn(you know those complicated electro stuff), and the automations too. So it really is a must to add MIDI out. Hope Props can read this...LOL(END OF RANT)
Mate that's not a rant that's a perfectly reasonable comment on a wholly stupid and unacceptable situation perpetrated by people for no good or logical reason and who should know better.

Aiden
Old 2010-02-25, 11:58

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
Mate that's not a rant that's a perfectly reasonable comment on a wholly stupid and unacceptable situation perpetrated by people for no good or logical reason and who should know better.

Aiden
Thanks mate...LOL I just put that "RANT" thing to break the tension on my side while angrily typing...LOL But yeah, I know you feel the same way too. Peace!

But PROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE REASON/RECORD, and I WANNA GET A MOOG THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!! I WANNA PAIR IT WITH REASON/RECORD!!!!!!!! AND I CAN'T PLAY THOSE WHAT I WANTED TO PLAY IF THERE'S NO MIDI OUT!!!!!! PLEASE PROPELLERHEADS MAKE AN UPDATE FOR RECORD THIS YEAR... MIDI OUT IS FOR MUSICIANS ANYWAYS, AND NOT FOR ENGINEERS....LOL Ok enough with the caps lock... Peace!
Old 2010-02-25, 18:36
jazzman1222

A Big +1 for that. Inquiring minds want to know and all that..............