Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2010-03-12, 04:50
Rex2010

How to capture computer screen to video

why do you record the computer screen?
"How to show my gameplay to my friends?", "Can I use some program to record my Webcam chat?" When you have problems of these, you may need a tool to capture your computer screen activity and save it to a video file.

Besides the case we mention above, you will need to record your computer screen in following scenarios.
Screen demos.
Training videos.
Teaching videos.
Animated tutorials.
Animated presentations.
Animated help files

Do you need a camera or camcorder to record the computer screen?

If you want to record every click of what you have been doing on computer, camera is not the only choice.
Because a camera or comcorder in front of your computer to record your screen is not practical with the following reasons:
1. It can not record the screen precisely.
2. The resulting video will be fuzzy.
3. The recording is not easy to edit.
4. The video file is too large for web sharing and transmission

Computer screen recorder is what you need.
You could use some screen software to record desktop screen to video, and save as avi,wmv,swf,flv format,which could upload to Youtube and other blog or video share website immediately.Also, the record video file size is much less that the camera.

How to record your screen with screen recorder?

To record your screen activity with Total Screen Recorder, you have 2 steps to go:

Step1: Download Screen Recorder and Set It Correctly
Before start to record,let’s download a screen recorder first.
http://www.totalscreenrecorder.com/download.html
Setting must be done correctly.We need to decide the region to capture.if you want to record the whole screen,click full screen;if fixed screen,fix your area.

Interface of Total Screen Recorder.
Red button is the starting menu.

Step 2: Let’s Get Started to Record
After finishing all the settings,click the start button.Then a green frame will appear,which is the area needed to be recorded.Since you have started,do whatever you want,they will be recorded.If you have finished your recording,stop it,save the file and watch the play back.It's easy and convenient.

For details, you can view this homepage:
http://www.totalscreenrecorder.com
Old 2010-03-12, 05:06

Smile

You may take stick for posting an advert but I'll wish you the best of luck as a lot of folks on here will find this kind of thing useful. I might check it out Myself too, could save a few hair-pulling moments on My part, and seeing as I don't have much left, this can only be a good thing.

cheers
B
Old 2010-03-12, 11:37

Typo alert: "Total Screen Recorder Free Downlaod Now"

EDIT: While reading more of your site, and since this is not Freeware, I think you should seriously consider to hire an English speaking person to translate it to proper English, since some typos and weird grammar can have a negative effect on sales of your product.

If it were Freeware, then you would get this help for free too, I'm guessing...

Last edited by Koshdukai; 2010-03-12 at 11:41.
Old 2012-06-07, 05:25
fannychy

thank you for you post, i like to recorder something in computer screen ,and this software looks like good .and easy to operating .
Old 2012-06-07, 06:23

Is good for please to be sent payments in my account of Paypal and I can be help with you for make translating on English.

I am not paste to copy Google into translate. I am professional translate with English.

I am demo shot my screen for your program capture it and my disk look at me for video. He will show screen and I am bought your program soon.

Thank me for you to post.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano

Last edited by SteveDiverse; 2012-06-07 at 06:29.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
Is good for please to be sent payments in my account of Paypal and I can be help with you for make translating on English.

I am not paste to copy Google into translate. I am professional translate with English.

I am demo shot my screen for your program capture it and my disk look at me for video. He will show screen and I am bought your program soon.

Thank me for you to post.
LOL

If so possible to please secure cash deposit under online of wiring bank transfer to me.
You buys products, fast receipt of payment transfer acknowledgement.
I take money you, purchase in turn Nigerian castle. Second I amass email addresses to be sending prompt polite request of 17M transfer your account. You agree?

~*Ryan Mals*~

Old 2012-06-07, 12:20
alexsea

Thanks for sharing this software. I always use Camtasia Studio to produce my video.Perhaps I would try the one you introduced later.