Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-07-09, 21:10

New track - forgotten #1

Hi,
Here is a new song I created on Reason/Record. Its a short instrumental track that I hope fits in to the ambient/electro genre. It features mainly rhodes piano with a bit of guitar run through thor, and some light perussion! Its called 'Forgotten #1'. Please take a listen and tell me your thoughts at :

www.soundcloud.com/colocynth/tracks

thanks,
Tom.
Old 2010-07-12, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjab View Post
Hi,
Here is a new song I created on Reason/Record. Its a short instrumental track that I hope fits in to the ambient/electro genre. It features mainly rhodes piano with a bit of guitar run through thor, and some light perussion! Its called 'Forgotten #1'. Please take a listen and tell me your thoughts at :

www.soundcloud.com/colocynth/tracks

thanks,
Tom.
It could use some thickening up a bit. Maybe add some choir voices or some strings. All sounds a bit monotone to me aswell. I love the melody and simple percussion. I'd love to have a stab at collaborating with you on this.

I love this genre of music.

Well done.
Old 2010-07-12, 00:38

Hi nice track.

sounds a bit distorted but a bit of work and it will sound lovely... it might be a good idea to try a collaboration as suggested above to get some input on the production side of things..

Regards

Pete
Old 2010-07-12, 22:10

yeah quite chilled out
I prefer " With You"
sounds like something youd hear in an American teen movie where the guy and girl have an argument.... Or is that just me beeing weird ?
Old 2010-07-12, 22:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanboro View Post
yeah quite chilled out
I prefer " With You"
sounds like something youd hear in an American teen movie where the guy and girl have an argument.... Or is that just me beeing weird ?
ha, no that is a pretty good way of describing it actually! The lyrics, which I thought were indecipherable, are 'save your breath, we're still upset with you.' So they must have registered on at least a subconscious level, unless you could actually hear them?!