Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-07-13, 12:43

Question record multiple midi tracks

Is it possible to enable Record or Reason to record multiple MIDI tracks? I use a guitar synth and because this uses 6 mono MIDI outputs I can't record my parts to, say for instance, 6 Subtractor instruments at once. I can play them using the Advanced MIDI Device but it will only record on one MIDI track at a time. Is there any chance of this feature being implemented? I currently have to use something like Reaper to do this and then copy the parts into Reason/Record.
Old 2010-07-13, 14:42

Reason 5.0 and Record 1.5 will record multiple midi Note Tracks: http://www.propellerheads.se/reason5...e&article=more .
Old 2010-12-26, 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarktw View Post
Reason 5.0 and Record 1.5 will record multiple midi Note Tracks: http://www.propellerheads.se/reason5...e&article=more .
I need to record on 6 seperate MIDI chennels (one for each string) from my GR30 guitar synth and I can't find a way to do this. Reaper allows me to do this so I guess I will just have to use that until they sort it out.
Old 2010-12-26, 22:45

ok! the guitar sends notes througt 6 midi channels so...

you need to transform this 6 midi channels to 6 midi ports.

first install midiyoke to have up to 16 virtual midi ports

now use MIDIOX to transform the 6 midi channel incoming notes from guitar to 6 midiyoke virtual ports.

in reason/record go to edit/preferences and configure 6 midi default controllers, each string of your guitar will be a controller so assign each controller to the correct midiyoke port.

now you can rec the 6 guitars at a time in reason 5/record 1.5

Plan B: instead of transform 6 midi channels to 6 midi ports you can merge the 6 channels into one, but i think it could be bad because you can touch the same note in different strings... and you get some bad note releases...