Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-08-02, 00:13

Unhappy redrum samples changing pitch

Help! never had this happen before but I made a drum loop in redrum and when I tried to sequence it, it changed the pitch and length of the kick drum and other samples. So when you play the sequenced version verses the patch on the redrum it sounds different. I'm frustrated please help!! (using reason 4)
Old 2010-08-02, 00:20

Are you turning the ReDrum pattern into audio in Record and then changing tempo?

Is there some stray Automation you have forgotten about? Watch the ReDrum knobs for moving when you press play.

Did you turn the audio into a loop in NN-XT (or NN-19) and have the Root Key different to the key triggered in the sequence?

One of these are probably your cause and solution.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2010-08-02, 00:34

Thanks for your input! None of those things apply to this problem. I only have two redrums, a scream, a filter, and a delay in this session so far, nothing else is sequenced, no automation recorded and no knobs are moving. it seems more like it isn't playing to full length of the sample just the attack of the kick and not the release. but you just play it from the redrum itself and sounds fine...... I have tried deleting it and recopying the pattern to track but same thing
Old 2010-08-02, 00:43

Well that is odd. I'd be working on a process of elimination myself: Is it the patch, sequence, computer..?

Maybe if you upload the project someone can have a looksee for you (at work myself).

Old 2010-08-02, 01:05

I believe this has to do with the "vel" switch (decay/gate mode). If you look at the channel with the problem it is likely that the switch is up in gate mode (the switch is next to the "length" knob." You can either switch it to the decay mode (down), or in the sequencer make the notes longer.
Old 2010-08-02, 02:44

Yeah, that would create chopped notes because ReDrum uses very short trigger messages. Doesn't cause any actual pitch shifting but the attack of most percussion is pitched higher than the body.

Good call Corsica

Old 2010-08-02, 02:46

Thats IT!!!! you are a genius Corsica!! I figured it was something simple that I was over looking. I am just getting back into reason after a couple year hiatus and boy do I have a lot to learn! Thank you very much for your help, I am sure this won't be the last problem I need help with. have a good one.

p.s. Thanks Benedict for your time trying to figure it out also
Old 2010-08-02, 02:58

No worries. Glad it is sorted. It's almost always the really simple things we assume to be not important or correct that cause us to become undone it situation like this.

Thankfully the more you have these errors and sort them the less it will happen.