Propellerhead Software
Old 2010-08-30, 19:13

Ideas for my projects

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on the forums for a while but this is my first post. I've been trying to put finishing touches (that "full" sound) on some tracks but my production ability is poor enough that I'm not really sure how to go about it. Right now I'm working on a piano concerto but I want to tidy up some of my electronic music soon so I can get an album together.

My main focus for the past couple years has been on dynamic, melodic electronica (my music attention span is pretty small so I have to change musical ideas pretty often )

A couple of my songs are up at http://soundcloud.com/acriter/ and I would really appreciate any tips / criticisms / ideas you have. And ideas for names would be good too; they're all tentative at the moment

Thank you!
Colin

Last edited by acriter; 2010-08-30 at 20:01.
Old 2010-08-31, 00:09

Lol dedication of thunder is like 8 bit metal. And it's crazy, those drums are off the hook- great sequencing all over. The solos are shredding.

Names- ummm.... MetalMario? lol I dunno. Keep it up tho, and welcome to the forums.

Hmm, but that wouldn't work so well for your next track. I see you mix it up. I like luscious. It sounds like the kicks could do with being MUCH louder in the mix for the genre it is.

Hmm... more names... ummmm Panterica? Aw no I'm still thinking of metal.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Old 2010-08-31, 04:44

Ah okay, thanks for the comments and the specific tip on the bass. That's exactly the kind of advice I want to hear Maybe I'll name it something to do with particles in your honor.