Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2010-08-31, 06:20
whizkerbizkits

Suggest me the best earbuds for mixing down my smooth jazz trax...

'Perciate it.
Old 2010-08-31, 06:26

Yes.........

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." -Frank Zappa
Old 2010-08-31, 06:28

None. As a rule earbuds and headphones give you a poor idea of what a mix really sounds like, esp in the details and reverb. Decent speakers are better in almost every instance.

That said, there is someone here (maybe Phasys) who has been positive about some custom in-ear thingees that are pretty high end (and expensive). But I still don't thinking mixing on them could be a good idea.

Maybe if you then take your computer to somewhere there is a monitoring setup to fix the errors.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2010-08-31, 07:11
whizkerbizkits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
None. As a rule earbuds and headphones give you a poor idea of what a mix really sounds like, esp in the details and reverb. Decent speakers are better in almost every instance.

That said, there is someone here (maybe Phasys) who has been positive about some custom in-ear thingees that are pretty high end (and expensive). But I still don't thinking mixing on them could be a good idea.

Maybe if you then take your computer to somewhere there is a monitoring setup to fix the errors.

Thanks, Benedict. Much appreciated.