Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2010-12-21, 20:20

Abandoned (and Forgotten) my attempt at a balad

This is the first song I have made where I recorded my amp with a microphone. I think the song would be better with vocals but I am not much of a singer. I guess this is sort of like a ballad and I hope you enjoy.http://soundcloud.com/moldy-boy/abandoned-and-forgotten
Old 2010-12-21, 22:14

Hi

I enjoyed your track very nice catchy melody. I think you could develop this a bit further and if you could someone to sing on it, it would make a very nice song...

Regards

Pete
Old 2010-12-21, 22:52

Thanks for the positive feedback! Although, I really don't know many people who can sing at all, and if I used the singing method I used on my last song then it just wouldn't fit. I hope someday though that I do find a singer.
Old 2010-12-22, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldyboy View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback! Although, I really don't know many people who can sing at all, and if I used the singing method I used on my last song then it just wouldn't fit. I hope someday though that I do find a singer.
Check the web mate, if you really want a singer then i'm sure you could find a local singer! I'm not talking a pro or anything but maybe a music student someone like that. Or maybe even a colab with a singer, just a thought!
Old 2010-12-22, 05:27

That is a good Idea. I am going to look around school.
Old 2010-12-24, 17:32

I agree about the need for a vocalist, the song needs that element. I like the direction and the flow of this, I do think, however, that you could try and give the mix a little more punch and refinement. That can prolly wait for after the vocals.

I think you should attempt a vocal pass yourself before you solicit someone else to do it. You might be surprised! Even if you end up trading it out for a different vox, it will help congeal your ideas for lyrics and melody.

Keep going with this, there is a lot of potential in the tune!

Merry, Merry….

Chris

CD "Harvest Song" available at : CD Baby - iTunes
Old 2010-12-25, 15:44

I am actually going to try to do vocals. I don't think I've ever really tried to sing well. I hope this will help my overall production in future songs.