Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-01-07, 22:43

New computer question

Hey everyone who might know the answer top this question , a week before Christmas I starting buying new computer parts for my next computer build .
So far I purchased a nice computer case that houses seven 120mm fans to keep it cooled , I also purchased a nice 600 Watt power supply for $90.00 .
My new ASUS AMD Motherboard arrived yesterday and in two weeks first week in Feb I'm ordering my Processor that going to kick butt with anything I put in it .
The next month in March I plan on ordering my two sticks of 8 GB's of ram memory for $200.00 and in April I will buy my 500GB hard drive and a new CD/DVD burner .
By the middle of April I should have a lightening fast computer that will handle all the music software I can install or afford .

Now to my question , when this computer is build will I have any problems reinstalling my Reason 5 and Record the newest version ?
Right now everything is assigned to this motherboard , I shouldn't have to change my license numbers for my Propellerhead software right ?
The other question is all my Propellerhead software should or hopefully work with the new Windows 7 right .
I hope so because in July I plan on adding Windows 7 on a different hard drive , I'm going to install another hard drive so I can run my Windows XP Professional and the new Windows 7 .

Alot to think about after my new rig is finally put together , I'll be glad to finally have a computer that will give me the poer and speed I need .
This computer I'm on now is ok, I built it almost three years ago but already its getting old and I can really upgrade it and thats why I decided to build a new one thats going to handle anything and still run smoothly without any hicups .

Thanks for the information for those who decide to answer a few of my questions .

Cheers! Ghostriderxl
Old 2011-01-07, 23:17

Hello Ghostriderx, I awoke this morning, but was not quite ready to leave my bed. When I started to feel more awake, I went into the kitchen and placed a kettle on the stove, and then put in my contacts. shortly thereafter, my water began to boil, and so i turned off the heat, and obtained coffee grounds from the shelf they were on. This shelf was not originally in the design of my kitchen, but was added later by the use of an unvarnished piece of plywood affixed with screws to the wall. I am not sure why whoever installed it did not take the time to match it to the decor, but that is another matter. So, I removed the grounds from said shelf, and placed a decent portion into my french press, and then poured water on top of them, using a spoon to be sure that the water mixed sufficiently with the grounds. At this time I realized that I would need to leave the coffee alone for a while so it would be strong enough to wake me more. This is because the ground coffee beans need to soak in the water, until, through the process of osmosis, the flavor and caffeine in the coffee beans have mixed with the water to create a delicious beverage high in caffeine content. At this time I picked up my laptop, and started to read my emails and such. After some time, after having read a number of clever anecdotes that friends and acquaintances had posted to their facebook walls, I realized the need to get my coffee. I went into the kitchen and I placed several sugar cubes in a mug, I don't really care for sugar cubes, but for whatever reason, my girlfriend insists on purchasing our sugar in cubic form. I poured the coffee, as well as a small amount of cream, into that mug, then returned to my laptop and proceeded to read the properllerheads forum, at which time I came upon your entry, and I would like to say, my that was a long winded, rich in extraneous information way to ask:

"does reason work with windows 7 and will I need new licenses to transfer reason to that computer?"

I will respond in a much more brief fashion, but just as boldly:

yes, and no

for a slightly more detailed response, I will add that on this site they list the system requirements for reason and record as follows:
http://www.propellerheads.se/reason5...le&article=FAQ

and the reason license agreement reads:
"This license is your personal license and the software may only be used by you. You may install the Software on the hard disk of your computer and on the hard disk of your extra computer if you have such extra computer. You may not in any case install the Software on more than two computers."
Therefore you can just install it on your new system and you will be good to go

Last edited by penguinoid; 2011-01-07 at 23:47.
Old 2011-01-07, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
Hello Ghostriderx, I awoke this morning, but was not quite ready to leave my bed. When I started to feel more awake, I went into the kitchen and placed a kettle on the stove, and then put in my contacts. shortly thereafter, my water began to boil, and so i turned off the heat, and obtained coffee grounds from the shelf they were on. This shelf was not originally in the design of my kitchen, but was added later by the use of an unvarnished piece of plywood affixed with screws to the wall. I am not sure why whoever installed it did not take the time to match it to the decor, but that is another matter. So, I removed the grounds from said shelf, and placed a decent portion into my french press, and then poured water on top of them, using a spoon to be sure that the water mixed sufficiently with the grounds. At this time I realized that I would need to leave the coffee alone for a while so it would be strong enough to wake me more. This is because the ground coffee beans need to soak in the water, until, through the process of osmosis, the flavor and caffeine in the coffee beans have mixed with the water to create a delicious beverage high in caffeine content. At this time I picked up my laptop, and started to read my emails and such. After some time, I realized the need to get my coffee, so I placed several sugar cubes in a mug, poured the coffee, as well as a small amount of cream, into that mug, then returned to my laptop and proceeded to read the properllerheads forum, at which time I came upon your entry, and I would like to say, my that was a long winded, rich in extraneous information way to ask:

"does reason work with windows 7 and will I need new licenses to transfer reason to that computer?"

I will respond in a much more brief fashion, but just as boldly:

yes, and no

for a slightly more detailed response, I will add that on this site they list the system requirements for reason and record as follows: http://www.propellerheads.se/reason5...le&article=FAQ

and the reason license agreement reads: This license is your personal license and the software may only be used by you. You may install the Software on the hard disk of your computer and on the hard disk of your extra computer if you have such extra computer. You may not in any case install the Software on more than two computers.*

Ok poking fun at my way of asking a simple question , sorry if that part was a bit boring but hey the excitment of building a new computer that will meet all my needs is so exciting I felt like sharing it with all of you .

Thanks for the link , it will run on Windows 7 . To the point all my music software will be transfered to the new computer .
This computer I'm using now will be a backup for internet and flightsim use only , my god Propellerhead should be happy with that .

Thanks ! Ghostriderxl
Old 2011-01-08, 01:05

penguinoid - Just this week in a thread, I nominated rudiarii (and rightly so) for the Propellerhead Forums Comedian of the Year Award. Well, there's no question that the two of you could go on the road together and pack the pubs.

I'm waiting for someone to say something about the 600 Watt power supply.
Old 2011-01-08, 01:28

how about a cringe-worthy pun in the meantime?

600 watts? that's a watt of watts

Last edited by penguinoid; 2011-01-08 at 06:15.
Old 2011-01-08, 05:34

Ok if it pleases you its a 600W Power supply , but Webster spells it WATT and I believe thats how I spelled it .

Funny I spelled it correctly , thats ok I can handle some joking around too .
Old 2011-01-08, 06:16

ghostriderlx – Hey, I mentioned the 600 Watt power supply because I think it’s funny. In my two years or so of knocking around in these forums, you’re the first person I’ve seen to say that they got a 600 Watt power supply to juice up the fans for their computer. I don’t think many of us do it, but I think it’s great!

You may recall I helped you out a bit when you first joined here, and you do have a very descriptive communicative style that flows in all of your posts. In fact, I think I knew your entire life history after your first three posts. Your excitement about R+R and making music is obvious, and sometimes it may tend to override your actual question. And sometimes, it takes an expert with patience like penquinoid to cut to the chase and provide the answer. And when penquinoid decides to go tongue-in-cheek, it’s always hilarious.

On top of learning so much here, I find this place has better comedy and drama than watching TV (well, sometimes). So, enjoy getting some ribbing or a practical joke on occasion. I’m usually the guy that gets run over by a truck.
Old 2011-01-08, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarktw View Post
ghostriderlx – Hey, I mentioned the 600 Watt power supply because I think it’s funny. In my two years or so of knocking around in these forums, you’re the first person I’ve seen to say that they got a 600 Watt power supply to juice up the fans for their computer. I don’t think many of us do it, but I think it’s great!

You may recall I helped you out a bit when you first joined here, and you do have a very descriptive communicative style that flows in all of your posts. In fact, I think I knew your entire life history after your first three posts. Your excitement about R+R and making music is obvious, and sometimes it may tend to override your actual question. And sometimes, it takes an expert with patience like penquinoid to cut to the chase and provide the answer. And when penquinoid decides to go tongue-in-cheek, it’s always hilarious.

On top of learning so much here, I find this place has better comedy and drama than watching TV (well, sometimes). So, enjoy getting some ribbing or a practical joke on occasion. I’m usually the guy that gets run over by a truck.
Hey thanks sometimes I do get carried away but just the same I like joking around some to have alittle bit of fun .
No one can learn all theres is to learn about music and using all this software we all have available to us now , I wish I knew as much as you and some of the others around here .
All I can say is I'm learning and trying to keep up , a bump here or there is to be expected I guess .

Cheers! Ghostriderxl
Old 2011-01-08, 16:32

If you take the 7x120 from the fans and multiply it with the 600 watts, i'm sure that whatever number comes out resembles "satan" in at least one earthly language.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2011-01-08, 17:30

Wink

Hello everyone. Look at me! look at me!! My text is really big. About twice as big in fact. Making my message look twice as important as everyone elses. Despite the fact my post is just a load of mundane rubbish that had I of bothered to read the instructions, I could have found out for myself without posting this load of tosh with a pretentious name nailed onto the end.