Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-03-26, 18:02

Nice Drum Machine Collection Video

I just stumbled across this video with Moby showing his collection of old, old drum machines with some real rarities.

My first visit to a recording studio was United Sound in Detroit and I got to watch Ron Banks of the Dramatics recording and I had never seen a Korg drum machine. My first thought was "this solves the problem of the drunk drummer, carrying the equipment and the long set up time to move the stuff in to the house or basement" It also solved the problem of the parents or neighbors complaining about noise."

After that I salivated over the Korg boxes and when the Roland 808 came out in either 1979 or 1980, I bought it and loved it. Sorry I sold it to a band in 1983 and they had it stolen.

Enjoy http://www.motherboard.tv/2009/10/19...ependence-moby

What was your first drum machine and the story behind it?

Last edited by sforman; 2011-03-26 at 18:03. Reason: needed to add a line at the bottom