Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-06-12, 13:35
Zirus

Move tracks 4-14 in mixer up one, what is easy way to get the automation to move too?

Move tracks 4-14 in mixer up one, what is easy way to get the automation to move too?

Hay all :-)

Please could anyone help? im working on a track for college so i need to get this right :-)

Im using reason 4 and I want to move tracks 4-14 up by 1 in the mixer as i want to sqweeze another drum track in after 3.
I want to have it there as it will be next to my other 2 drum tracks and it wold jsut look alot better and be alot easier for mixing down later, hence, coz this is for college its gotta be in the correct place.

Moving the instruments ect is easy, just move all the cables up one but this doesnt move up the automation automaticaly though (THIS IS TERRIBLE! imho) so I have to move all tha automation manualy, whihc... is a PAIN as there is now ALOT of mixer automation there now so i would have to create new automation tracks and then move all the clips in the sequencer ect too which to me just seems like ALOT of hassle that shouldnt be there which makes me think that there must be an easier way :-)

thx for any advice :-)
Old 2011-06-12, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirus View Post

Hay all :-)

Please could anyone help? im working on a track for college so i need to get this right :-)

Im using reason 4 and I want to move tracks 4-14 up by 1 in the mixer as i want to sqweeze another drum track in after 3.
I want to have it there as it will be next to my other 2 drum tracks and it wold jsut look alot better and be alot easier for mixing down later, hence, coz this is for college its gotta be in the correct place.

Moving the instruments ect is easy, just move all the cables up one but this doesnt move up the automation automaticaly though (THIS IS TERRIBLE! imho) so I have to move all tha automation manualy, whihc... is a PAIN as there is now ALOT of mixer automation there now so i would have to create new automation tracks and then move all the clips in the sequencer ect too which to me just seems like ALOT of hassle that shouldnt be there which makes me think that there must be an easier way :-)

thx for any advice :-)
For many of us, the 'easier way' is to use Record and just drag the mixer channels where ever needed! ;-)

But for the 14:2 mixer you will need to use the Sequencer to accomplish the same thing (along with the cable re-routing you've already described). If all your tracks are already next to each other in the sequencer, it will be easier. You will need to drag the automation from each track (each knob on at a time if there's more than one parameter automated on each mixer channel). Just go slowly to be sure everything goes where you want - work on a copy if you're not sure!

Hope this helps, let us know how it works out!
USA