Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-07-12, 12:32

Reason 6 - The discontent thread

- add your discontent here

This is opened with the intention of keeping the moans seperate from the praises.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:33

Well what would the world be without Balance (haha, pardon the pun)?

Moan: No MIDI-Out!
Old 2011-07-12, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXode View Post
Well what would the world be without Balance (haha, pardon the pun)?

Moan: No MIDI-Out!
Ahem - agreed, but I never really thought that it would be in this version. I think it might happen on the next one because it has a sufficient development time. Props go slow so everything works as it should, and I get the feeling it was only when the MIDI-out megathread got over-heated in the extreme that they really would have taken it onto the development board, once the passion of the userbase became that obvious.

I'm off for a spot of lunch, and can't wait to see what kind of horrible storm has brewed on these 2 threads by the time I get back.

Remember folks - Manners please, and constructive criticism.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:43

Well I agree tbh, I don't think dev time is that bad today but in an old interview props mentioned that features for a new version were outlined about 2 years prior to release! So maybe next year! ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiGenetik View Post
Ahem - agreed, but I never really thought that it would be in this version. I think it might happen on the next one because it has a sufficient development time. Props go slow so everything works as it should, and I get the feeling it was only when the MIDI-out megathread got over-heated in the extreme that they really would have taken it onto the development board, once the passion of the userbase became that obvious.

I'm off for a spot of lunch, and can't wait to see what kind of horrible storm has brewed on these 2 threads by the time I get back.

Remember folks - Manners please, and constructive criticism.

Last edited by eXode; 2011-07-12 at 12:51.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:49

Combined Reason and Record in 6...feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth when youve already bought the two programs seperately less than a year ago...Wouldnt feel so bad if they had included Recycle as well, My anticipation has turned to real dissaointment today.

Im sure the new features are gonna be wicked but cant help feeling that those whove already purchased Record will be feeling as i do...this is a leg up for standalone Reason 5 users...what are the Record Reason users getting for pushing the product on..nothing!
Old 2011-07-12, 12:54

Well we do get the fairest upgrade price. We get 3 new and exciting effects, 64-bit support and also audio transpose (to name the big ones). I at least wouldn't call that 'nothing'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjets View Post
Combined Reason and Record in 6...feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth when youve already bought the two programs seperately less than a year ago...Wouldnt feel so bad if they had included Recycle as well, My anticipation has turned to real dissaointment today.

Im sure the new features are gonna be wicked but cant help feeling that those whove already purchased Record will be feeling as i do...this is a leg up for standalone Reason 5 users...what are the Record Reason users getting for pushing the product on..nothing!
Old 2011-07-12, 12:58

Digital Download only, waiting to hear it the license is still transferable as props digital downloaded Refills don't have transferable licenses.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:58

It's a nice uppgrade, but why didn├Ąt they include ReCycle this time either?
I'm just a little annoyed bechause i finaly got Record and reason 5, barely 2 months ago and won't be covered by the free uppgrade

But I'm gona buy 6, just like everyone else. Got to have that alligator.
Old 2011-07-12, 13:07

When I first saw record my initial thought were "Too Little Too Late"

Reason 6 I think "Too Little Too Soon!"

All that is really going on here is a huge marketing movement to refresh easily manage the SKUs.

As an owner of Reason + Record I feel cheated. Plus I love to still work in Reason alot as I find Reacord TOO BIG...

All I wanted was recycle to be included within the rack... is that really too much to expect?

And as for the whole noodly "real music" thing... keep that crap with the Record bunch... I prefare my rack simple and to move around in dark spaces listening to repetitive electronic music!

I understand this is a very subjective view and may not be shared by others ;p

KRZ

http://www.subsignal.net
Old 2011-07-12, 13:10

ok.. here my complaints

- No group channels (can't understand this...)
- No midi out
- Recycle integration?
- Too specific Fx units. (a gater really? I pretty sure you can build a pretty similar signal flow with the existing devices)
- 99Euro for R+R users..is too much IMO. (compared to the 150Euro Reason users)