Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-07-14, 00:49

VST plug-in support request and discussion thread

I just want to let how will vst support enable you to make better music. Let's discuss.

[Edit by Leo: if this looks confusing, it's because I've merged a number of threads discussing the same subject into this one. Please do not start a new thread for every new point you'd like to bring to this discussion.]

Last edited by Leo; 2011-07-20 at 15:36.
Old 2011-07-14, 00:52

And a related question...why would someone who feels the need for VSTs waste their time and money on Reason?
Old 2011-07-14, 00:54
Banned

It's be a real battle! =)))

Nohow, cause all who trolling by thousands threads about that crazy VST implementation just can't or don't want making music with Propellehread software as it is!
Old 2011-07-14, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixandberg View Post
And a related question...why would someone who feels the need for VSTs waste their time and money on Reason?
exactly... most people know reason can host vsts.. then again most people are wannabe beat makers who get the program cracked. anyware and majority of the vst they have are cracked as well. along with the waves plugins it cracks me up.
Old 2011-07-14, 01:06

VST's are just tools Reason comes with all the tools you need to record great music as well do a ton of other DAW's... pick the tools you like and make great music..... easy!
Old 2011-07-14, 01:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip View Post
I just want to let how will vst support enable you to make better music. Let's discuss.
hahahahahahah lol hahahahaha oh my goodnes.

Ok lets discuss matter.

It won't make your music sound better, or one better. Ph has implemented the necessary tools to make music, on a sonic level to be radio ready if one knows what they are doing. One trying to say we need VST/i in R/R is a facade, a mere rhetoric rumor of phobia! One without an intelligent scholastic view of their apparatus and knowledge they will believe in anything. Without first hand experience also with proof to show we need this. What I see is PH saying their intent was not , and what I also see is those trying to force PH to have this as though they own the company. Yes you're spending money but one is not forced to use it.

Riddle me this Clip, why are the Reason users complaining about this when they know PH said NO from the getty up? LOL
Old 2011-07-14, 01:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixandberg View Post
and a related question...why would someone who feels the need for vsts waste their time and money on reason?
bammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!! Thread closed! Lol hahahahahhh

Quick note you and MediaAVI have the coolest avatars, I am so so jealous lol hahahah

Last edited by Danoc; 2011-07-14 at 01:50.
Old 2011-07-14, 01:50

You can spend a lot of time claiming you are learning the software before you can write music. New vsts allow you to drag this out indefinitely... I'm just crap at writing music ;-)
Old 2011-07-14, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaSVI View Post
VST's are just tools Reason comes with all the tools you need to record great music as well do a ton of other DAW's... pick the tools you like and make great music..... easy!
This is the wonderful expression I like to see!
Old 2011-07-14, 01:57

Ok. I'll bite.

I wish I could use the VST version of Garriton Personal Orchestra. I have not invested in the refill version of GPO, but from what I have heard it is not as full featured. I used to use GPO quite often when I was using Cakewalk Sonar with Windows. Soon after I switched to Mac, Record came out and I commited myself fully to it, abandoning Sonar for what, to me, was superior UI and workflow.

I have not answered your question, though. I do not believe that I would make better music, but my experience with GPO in Sonar leads me to believe that with regard to orchestral sounds, my music would be better SOUNDING.