Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2011-08-02, 21:36

Rap / HipHop - Nowshi - The Boondocks (billy joel sample)

Haven't posted in awhile here and thought I would throw this track at you.. Made with R/R using samples from a Billy Joel song (moving out) to make the beat.. Doesn't sound great on youtube, hopefully the final version will sound much better. Thanks for checkin it out! pz. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnxSl_6t9kE
Old 2011-08-02, 22:36

the first 20 seconds was a little sloppy but I was feeling it. but after you just kinda lost me with that beat.
Old 2011-08-03, 00:51

I kinda like the beat. Vocals could be a bit more prominent in the mix. They sound good enough. Really catchy flow you got there too. Keep this up
Old 2011-08-04, 03:32

Many thanks for the feedback and compliments! Much appreciated.. I'll take all of this in to account when doing the final mix!
Old 2011-08-04, 04:07

How you been ? I was wondering what happen to you the day before you posted about maschine in the other forum. how is Maschine as a controller?
Old 2011-08-04, 14:24

What's up Staar, I've been pretty good, how bout you? I went back to school, so I just haven't been as active on here as I'd like to.. between that and evacuating for over a month due to flooding just haven't been able to keep up until now... Maschine is WONDERFUL! However, I haven't actually used it as a controller.. I've been so fascinated with it all on its own that I have yet to open any other program since I got it.. The quality of the sound samples that come with it make it worth the price alone.. I've seen sound libraries available for more money that don't sound near as good.. It's so easy to use, and so fast to build a song with.. I love that I can do everything within the maschine controller more or less just as easily as I can do it using a mouse, sequencing with the computer.. I love the fact that I can make a beat and never look at the computer.. nice change! I expect it will work great as a controller for kong and the likes etc.. In general, the controller is great.. the pads feel great and react intuitively.. you can fine tune the sensitivity of the pads to your liking.. the workflow when just using it with maschine is just incredible! I just can't really say enough good things about it man, I love it. What I love most is how easy it is to make the finished product sound big and competitive with industry standard beats.. The samples are so good, it takes very little to make everything sound great.. I highly recommend Maschine to anyone making rap/hip hop records especially.. It's an MPC plus so much more! See ya around Staar, hope you're doing well!
Old 2011-08-04, 19:34

Lightbulb

I think as a WHOLE it was aite... listening to the beat alone I wouldnt have thought it could be taken where u took it. Which is a compliment because its not always what you have that makes most the difference, its what you do with it..
Old 2011-08-04, 20:20

Yeah it's great when things come together in the end. Again nice work MrROUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneekdred View Post
I think as a WHOLE it was aite... listening to the beat alone I wouldnt have thought it could be taken where u took it. Which is a compliment because its not always what you have that makes most the difference, its what you do with it..