Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2011-08-05, 18:01

First track with DISCO SCHOOL! Please Review!!! :)

Hey Propheads!!!

I downloaded the Disco School refill a few weeks ago and blasted this tune out in less than a day. Have been listening to it on repeat for the past two weeks trying to come up with lyrics and then I tried singing Beegees style and failed utterly so decided to upload without vocals in hopes that someone can collaborate.

Please go have a listen to my new tune, Disco Days, and tell me whatcha think!

I would -really- appreciate some feedback on this one as it feels, to me, like something that could be played on the radio once some upbeat vocals get added.

Go! Go listen! Go now!

Thanks,

durn.newgrounds.com/audio/

soundcloud.com/durn
Old 2011-08-05, 20:06

Hi.

I liked it, its sounding nicely.

It would be nice with some vocals...
Configure Multiple Behringer BCF2000 on Reason 6:
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...992#post903992
Old 2011-08-06, 17:17

Thanks mcatalao. It really, really would sound so much better with some vocals. Playing Rock Band at a friend's house made me afraid to sing again. :P Lol, I need to get a copy of that game so I can practice holding a note.

durn.newgrounds.com/audio/

soundcloud.com/durn
Old 2011-08-07, 07:34

Awesome track for sure!!!
Old 2011-08-07, 08:04

not at all bad durn! keep it up
Old 2011-08-07, 09:25

that is majorly funky. couldn't stop dancing in my seat!

also, co-sign on the vocals.
Old 2011-08-07, 16:38

Tastey track. I've had my eyes on Disco School, but have been a little on the fence about it. This track makes me lean towards picking it up.
Old 2011-08-07, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by durn View Post
Thanks mcatalao. It really, really would sound so much better with some vocals. Playing Rock Band at a friend's house made me afraid to sing again. :P Lol, I need to get a copy of that game so I can practice holding a note.
Rock band doenst have neptune, and you only get one take... And you also can get that bee ges voice with it turnig the transpose up... So... Give it a try man.
Configure Multiple Behringer BCF2000 on Reason 6:
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...992#post903992
Old 2011-08-07, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatalao View Post
Rock band doenst have neptune, and you only get one take... And you also can get that bee ges voice with it turnig the transpose up... So... Give it a try man.
Totally agree about the Neptune. Make three audio tracks, each with a Neptune. Send your vocals into the first one, set the key on A minor, and raise the transpose to +12 to get it one octave up. Put an audio spider in the first one, send the Neptune audio out into the splitter and back into the audio track. Send the next splitter out to the second Neptune. Set it on A minor and -5 to get it producing 5th harmony below the main melody. Add chorus and reverb to taste. Send that signal back into the second audio channel. Send the third splitter out to the third Neptune. Set it on A minor and +7 or +5 to get 5th or 4th harmony. Set the formants on each one so they blend into a BeeGees style sound. Could be up or down.

You can modernize the sound by increasing the Correction Speeds.

For some reason, I don't always succeed in setting up Neptune correctly, so I have to go through the steps in the manual. It seems easy to get little things wrong sometimes.
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.

Last edited by jfrichards; 2011-08-08 at 04:22.
Old 2011-08-08, 03:47

As a whole, I love the track. I'm not sure if I'm diggin the heavy phaser fx though. I associate that particular fx device as very "Reason" sounding so I might be biased on that.

Music

Artwork