Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-08-23, 15:39

In the few tracks where I have lots of percs, I've layered my drums. If you listen to

http://soundcloud.com/archimedes/groovre-le-louvre

You'll hear a lot of percs done in Dr. Octo Rex. I own the Props Drums and they're okay as well. They're all good, and with a little compression, some verb for some of them, etc., you can really bring out the quality of the sounds.

But you'll also hear a hard driving main kit, and that is provided by Toontracks EZ Drummer with the odd-meter MIDI packs. The sampling is superior to anything else I've heard - including Addictive Drums (which I own), and a whole lot of other stuff.

There is a real downside, though, to EZD - and that's the manner in which it loads itself into the DAW. On my rig, it loads about 509 MB of sample data, it fails to retain my presets, and getting it setup and started can be a bit time consuming and frustrating. But the quality of the sound is outstanding - so I suffer through these weaknesses.

http://soundcloud.com/Archimedes