Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-09-18, 18:53

Midi Import fix

When importing midi files Reason/Record makes a new track with an ID8 on it. Please update so if you click on a track you want the midi to be imported too it will then be imported to that track and NOT make a new track with an ID8 on it.

Thanks.
Old 2011-09-18, 18:59

yes please the current implementation is worse than version 1 .
Old 2011-09-18, 20:16

Yes Please, this is a great idea,
Wee Joe.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:20
Propellerhead

Keep in mind that a .mid file isn't just one track - it can contain a complete song with automation and numerous tracks! So how would you prefer it'd be handled if you have your piano NN-XT selected but import a MIDI file with piano, drums, guitar, electric piano and a synth lead?
Old 2011-09-18, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasHG View Post
Keep in mind that a .mid file isn't just one track - it can contain a complete song with automation and numerous tracks! So how would you prefer it'd be handled if you have your piano NN-XT selected but import a MIDI file with piano, drums, guitar, electric piano and a synth lead?
Mattias this should be a very simple option to put into Reason 6. There should be an option that you can import the midi files to the track you have clicked on in the sequencer, it would be really great if you could just right click on the track and there would be a selection to import midi to THAT track.... simple as that.

Then keep the other way for importing midi and making a new track.

It would also be great if when I wanted to import midi for say my DRUM Kit that when I selected a midi file in the browser it would play so I can hear the midi data for the track with the instrument that I am working on and want to import data to that track and build a drum sequence.

Last edited by MediaSVI; 2011-09-18 at 21:33.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:45
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaSVI View Post
Mattias this should be a very simple option to put into Reason 6. There should be an option that you can import the midi files to the track you have clicked on in the sequencer, it would be really great if you could just right click on the track and there would be a selection to import midi to THAT track.... simple as that.

Then keep the other way for importing midi and making a new track.

It would also be great if when I wanted to import midi for say my DRUM Kit that when I selected a midi file in the browser it would play so I can hear the midi data for the track with the instrument that I am working on and want to import data to that track and build a drum sequence.
So your answer to my question if you import a .midi file with 5 instrument tracks to your piano track, all tracks would end up as alternate tracks on your piano track? Even though that includes drum tracks etc?
Old 2011-09-18, 22:06

Quote:
Would it be possible to import just one MIDI channel from a MIDI File?
Old 2011-09-18, 22:15

Quote:
So your answer to my question if you import a .midi file with 5 instrument tracks to your piano track, all tracks would end up as alternate tracks on your piano track? Even though that includes drum tracks etc?
I know its a long shot, but if Reason 7 could ask which MIDI channel do you wish to import to which Reason Track, this would be so cool, and something that no other program I use can do.
Wee Joe.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:21

I like the way it is right now and it makes sense for them just to create default ID8 patches. How hard is it really to load a synth after you've loaded the midi and move the midi notes down in the sequencer to your synth from the ID8?
Old 2011-09-18, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexbrewer View Post
I like the way it is right now and it makes sense for them just to create default ID8 patches. How hard is it really to load a synth after you've loaded the midi and move the midi notes down in the sequencer to your synth from the ID8?
I know what you mean, but wouldn't it be nice to have choices that other programs don't have?
Wee Joe.