Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2011-10-11, 04:08

Please integrate ReCycle with Reason

so far I am completely content with the purchase, download, and functioning experience with the R6 upgrade, I've been reading everyone's horror stories about paypal and the slow download time and glitches which I have not experienced any of yet. that being said, my only complaint about Props software all along (besides the lack of VST support) is why since the inception of audio recording in Reason haven't they integrated ReCycle with Reason yet? I also had a problem with the price tag on ReCycle but since Props was so gracious with the R6 upgrade (and I do love their software) I'm going to continue supporting this company and purchase ReCycle along with the Balance device. but if anyone at Props is reading this please for the sake of a smooth workflow integrate Recycle with reason. I can understand if you want to keep it as a standalone app but for the registered owners of both Reason and ReCycle I'm sure you can have them both work seamlessly. I''m also sure people who like sample based music would love to have sliced samples on the fly right inside Kong... the live applications of this would boost interest in both props software apps.
Old 2011-10-11, 13:27

+1...I'm totally with you here. I use REX-files a lot, and if I could build my own rex-files right in Reason I would be so happy. I am not a user of Recycle and I am not going to buy it because if this work flow problem.

If it is included in Reason 7 I would praise you guys at Propellerheads so much! =)

Respect!
//Mike

Old 2011-10-11, 14:39

Please do SOMETHING with ReCycle. Update, integrate it. I don't care. Just do something with it, by the Christ!!
Old 2011-10-11, 19:20

Did you not get the memo? they're on it.
Recycle will always be standalone. 2.2 is out soon and will be a free update to all recycle owners. If you just own reason this will not effect you.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2011-10-11, 23:08

I'd buy it if it was PAY WHAT YOU WANT again lol

250$, not right now for me. But I need it eventually
Old 2011-10-12, 00:54

Need your giudance. My sample pauses and echos at every slice while in Dr Rex. Ive tried everything . I kow im missing somthing. Also some of the functions like tempo or gate sense dont have any effect or does nothing at all..
Old 2011-10-12, 19:59

What I would like to see with the Recycle upgrade would be the ability to sample right into Recycle... That would make my life a LOT easier!!
Old 2011-10-12, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedbutton View Post
Did you not get the memo? they're on it.
Recycle will always be standalone. 2.2 is out soon and will be a free update to all recycle owners. If you just own reason this will not effect you.
Right, I'm aware of the update, but no mention of the integration of ReCycle's features into Reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtweeze View Post
What I would like to see with the Recycle upgrade would be the ability to sample right into Recycle... That would make my life a LOT easier!!
I agree. The same way they have the live sampling in Reason. the live sampling will probably be a feature in 2.2 but my gut tells me that they're not trying to have ReCycle function inside of Reason. it beats me why they wouldn't.

Last edited by DJserenade; 2011-10-12 at 22:54.
Old 2011-10-13, 00:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJserenade View Post
the live sampling will probably be a feature in 2.2 but my gut tells me that they're not trying to have ReCycle function inside of Reason. it beats me why they wouldn't.
It probably wont. 2.2 is to keep Recycle functioning on all modern OS's and to make it look a little more like it was made in the 21st century. That's about it. This is awesome in itself but don't hold your breath for anything truly mind blowing this time round. Props have a lot of brainstorming sessions and do pay attention to the forums, I know, they told me.
My guts are telling me your guts are wrong. If you look at it from the perspective of a non-reason user it's still an incredibly powerful tool. It would put a quite few peoples noses out of joint if you told them they had to buy reason to get the most up to date version of recycle. That's not to say that some of recycles functions wont spill over to reason but I think as far as making your own rex files goes, you'll always have to buy recycle separately.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2011-10-13, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedbutton View Post
It would put a quite few peoples noses out of joint if you told them they had to buy reason to get the most up to date version of recycle. That's not to say that some of recycles functions wont spill over to reason but I think as far as making your own rex files goes, you'll always have to buy recycle separately.
Recycle integration into Reason doesn't necessarily mean it will no longer be available as a separate product.

Look at how Record was. It was a different product yet integrated perfectly inside of Reason.

Even if they decided to offer it free for Reason users, they still could sell it as a standalone app as well.

My guess though is there aren't many people buying Recycle how they were in the 90's. Back then Recycle was more designed to work with hardware samplers than software samplers but the Props dropped this support several years ago to focus more on software integration, but since then most software samplers have built-in slicing (Kontakt, Geist), and most DAWs have automatic timestretching and loop support.

Without true integration in Reason, it is the Reason users who suffer.

In other DAWs, having Recycle isn't as important as it used to be. Live does a great job at chopping up stuff, and Sonar was even pretty decent, as well as Pro Tools, and Logic and Garageband supports Apple Loops and a lot offer a lot more stuff than what Recycle does (manual and automatic audio quantizing). Live alone does almost what Reason+Recycle integration does.

Reason will be behind the curve without integration compared to other DAWs.

And with proper integration (even at Recycles current state), it would put Reason roughly at par with Live with working with Loops (there would be a few differences where Live would be better (audio quantizing), but there would be instances where Reason would be better (IMO Reason has better samplers and cleaner sounding timestretching).