Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2011-10-12, 23:57

Ooo, Audio Quantizing PLEASE, PLEASE!

I know this has been brought up before, even by me, but I really have to say the day that PH decided
they were going audio and already new how to do it ,Recycle the first audio quantizer or close to being the first, it should have been a no brainer to include this feature in Record let alone not put it in the last 2 updates!!!!

In this day and age to have a DAW without audio quantizing is just plain out wrong..IMHO!!!!!!!

What is the logic in having quantizing for all the great midi instruments in Reason and not have it for audio, hell PH you have the most awesome sampling feature also, all these great audio recording ways but no quantizing for it........ just a plain out big FUMBLE!

PH you modeled your mixer after a mixer that was made for AUDIO, and may I say you did a great job, but again no quantizing?

The real thing that bugs the hell out of me is if I need just a little quantizing to tighten up a recording I have to leave Reason and that my friends goes against the whole reason I love Reason.

I don't bitch much at all but PH if you are going to do audio go at it 100% not 99.3%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I feel a little better, thanks for listening.
Old 2011-10-13, 00:01

Remember when we wanted autotune and we got neptune? Now wasn't that worth the wait?
This seems like a natural progression to me and I've be surprised if it doesn't happen eventually. Still, lots to be getting on with, like finishing Recycle 2.2 for one.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2011-10-13, 00:43

Quote:
The real thing that bugs the hell out of me is if I need just a little quantizing to tighten up a recording I have to leave Reason and that my friends goes against the whole reason I love Reason.
If that's all you need, you can do it manually with timestretch and the razor tool.

Edit: Well, unless it's a multi mic'ed drumset or something, in which case you can, but it sucks. I feel you.
Old 2011-10-13, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by footwords View Post
If that's all you need, you can do it manually with timestretch and the razor tool.

Edit: Well, unless it's a multi mic'ed drumset or something, in which case you can, but it sucks. I feel you.
Yes I understand about time stretch and Tstretch was a great thing and much needed and I wanted it and they came through. But quantizing is a different beast and also it is much needed.
Old 2011-10-13, 11:20

Audio Quantize is at the top of my list for the next update. Please props.
Old 2011-10-13, 12:38

quantize audio? yes and also for using with regroove
Old 2011-10-13, 14:31

I'd like to throw my name on this list as well. It's not a game-breaker for me personally, but fact is I have a kick-ass hardware synth I'd like to use from time to time, and I'm just such an "untimely" player that it gets frustrating. Being able to play/sing tight enough would be awesome, but while I learn it'd be great to just tweak it. :P
Old 2011-10-14, 03:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2Canyon View Post
Nah mates, just chop-chop crop-crop audio cuts with razor & edit with snap on/off...
Chopping up with razor has its uses but it can not do what
quatizing can. There many times when edting can not be used
and quatizing can only do the job or u just have to rerecord the
take and thats a pain if the take is a great one but for a little
needed quantizing.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:35

as ableton user it's needless to say, that i would LOVE to see that feature in reason.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:38

What's wrong with just rehearse well and nail the performance?