Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-10-24, 11:02

I've found a fix to the DSP low memory message issue

Having the same problem as everyone else, with the dsp skyrocketing and the low memory message. Came here first to see for any possible suggestions and help. After trying all that was here, there was still no change for me. Did some out of the box research found these steps to solving my reason 6 memory ussage issue (atleast on windows 7's end anyways).
1. CLICK ON YOU PROGRAMS AND FILES ICON (LITTLE CIRCLE JOB ON FAR LEFT CORNER).
2. TYPE IN "SYSTEMCONFIG" IN THE SEARCH BOX. (CLICK ON IT).
3. IN "GENERAL TAB" YOU'LL SEE 3 DOTS, ENSURE THE 3RD DOT (SELECTIVE STARTUP) IS SELECTED.
4. UNDER SELECTIVE STARTUP, YOU'LL SEE 3 BOXS LABLED: LOAD SYSTEM SERVICES LOAD STARTUP ITEMS, USE ORIGINAL BOOT CONFIGURATION (***LAST ONE SHOULD BE GREYED OUT AND ALREADY CHECKED).
5. IF FIRST 2 BOXES ARE SHADED, CLICK ON BOTH BOXES TO MAKE THEM UN MARKED (SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A CHECK MARK IN THEM).
6. ****IMPORTANT**** PUT A CHECK MARK ***ONLY*** IN THE LOAD SYSTEM SERVICES BOX (IF THIS IS NOT CHECKED AND YOU GO TO RESTART YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES WHEN YOU REBOOT, TRUST ME FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY, BUT MY MISTAKES ARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE). LEAVE LOAD STARTUP ITEMS UNCHECK (ALL THAT IS, IS PROGAMS YOU INSTALLED THAT AUTOMATICALLY BOOT ON START UP. YOU DON'T NEED USE THEM ALL THE TIME SO WHY HAVE EM START RIGHT AWAY. PLUS IF YOU WANT TO USE IT JUST GO INTO PROGRAMS CLICK ON IT AND START IT, TO EASY). KEY THING IS WITH LOAD STARTUP ITEMS UNCHECKED, YOU NOW HAVE JUST FREED UP A HUGE CHUNK OF MEMORY, UNFORTANITLY NOT ENOUGH TO RUN REASON 6......YET!!!

THIS IS WHERE I GOT ANOTHER PIECE TO THE PUZZLE, STARTED REASON 6, AND GOT A NEW MESSAGE. STILL DEALING WITH MEMORY, BUT THIS TIME GIVING A SUGGESTION TO TO THE HELP FILE AND SEARCH OPTIMIZE.
1. IN REASON, CLICK HELP TAB AND THEN OPEN THE HELP FILE (SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE DROP DOWN).
2. IN THE SEARCH BOX TYPE "OPTIMIZE" AND HIT ENTER.
3. YOU SHOULD SEE SOME HELPFUL HINTS ON THE RIGHT SIDE, FIND THE BLUE UNDERLIND PHRASE "BOUNCING MIXES" OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO THAT. (I KNOW COULD HAVE SAID DO A SEARCH ON THAT, BUT THE THINGS THERE GIVE SOME FURTHER HELP LATER SHOULD YOU NEED IT).
4. THEN JUST CLICK ON IT AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. DONE AND DSP ISSUES NO MORE

I know its a bit of a hasle to go through, but it works. Now we can all kick ourselves in the ass for not reading our manuals, the answers have been in our hands from the start.

One other thing, been hearing lot of talk about how its the prossecor thats the issue, na its the memory and thats why you get low memory message. Simple solution, if you're like me, and have 4gb of ram, then upgrade to 8gb of ram. now you jsut gave yourself more memory.