Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-11-07, 13:12
DriveThruBeats

The Nektar Panorama "The Official Reason 6 Controller"

So is it true? Is Propellerheads working with Nektar Technology in the creation of the Nektar Panorama, the OFFICIAL Reason 6 controller?
Old 2011-11-07, 13:33
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveThruBeats View Post
So is it true? Is Propellerheads working with Nektar Technology in the creation of the Nektar Panorama, the OFFICIAL Reason 6 controller?
We're not working with them as far as I know, it's not at all official. It is the first controller made specifically for Reason 6 though.
Old 2011-11-08, 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasHG View Post
We're not working with them as far as I know, it's not at all official. It is the first controller made specifically for Reason 6 though.
Mattias, do you have any info on hyper control on axiom pro 49 and Reason 6 ?

Please check this out and advise

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...p-for-Reason-6
@hrmonik
Old 2011-11-08, 16:05
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonik View Post
Mattias, do you have any info on hyper control on axiom pro 49 and Reason 6 ?

Please check this out and advise

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...p-for-Reason-6
Haven't tried it nor read about it yet but it seems to be an M-Audio tech that we have no involvement in. I guess the best idea would be seeing if you can try it in a store?
Old 2011-11-08, 16:30

Mattias, is there any official help from Pheads on getting Akai MPK Mini to work with Reason 6?? Lots of people experiencing issues.
Old 2011-11-09, 01:10

Mattias, I have the keyboard but can't switch it from rack mode to any other mode such as mixer mode,etc. M-Audio suggested Propellerheads has implemented 6 without them hence the web post from the product designer "Propellerhead Software independently developed the HyperControl/DirectLink functionality of Reason 6. We have opened up a dialog with them regarding how the new control surface personality is implemented, what can be changed."

I love the keyboard but dislike the fact it is not working well on my end toggling between the views/modes.
@hrmonik
Old 2011-11-09, 09:32

I have the Axiom pro 49, and it's working pretty good. Maybe not out of the box, but I was able to edit and save my own keybindings, and after that it's a breeze. I started with the reason pc keys preset (being a pc user) and worked from there to customize.

Oh, and I can use the board sliders to control the mixer sliders too. Just have to create somekind of automation lane for a mixer control, so that it appears in the sequencer window. Now focus that lane and voila.
Old 2011-11-09, 17:13
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
Mattias, is there any official help from Pheads on getting Akai MPK Mini to work with Reason 6?? Lots of people experiencing issues.
I used one recently using the regular Akai MPK remote map - worked great! Try that?
Old 2011-11-09, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasHG View Post
I used one recently using the regular Akai MPK remote map - worked great! Try that?
It doesnt work. Not the mini. It works on the 25 and 49 etc, but not the mini.

The pads wont map to kong, its impoissible and there are at least ten people on this board experiencing the same thing.

one of the members has written codec to make it work, and it seems to be ok for most people but i am on W7 and cant get it working.

Is there any chance of getting a call from somebody to talk me through it, or can somebody take another look at it, as its a real problem for a number of users.
Old 2011-11-09, 18:36

An invaluable feature for a controller keyboard would be an LED panel to allow browsing of the Reason patches/instruments from the keyboard itself.

I would salivate over that.