Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2011-11-17, 03:46

Smile Dirty South Remix comp entry!

With the deadline in 12 hours, this is probably just about the most casual stroll I've ever made over the finish line in a competition. Usually I'm about 10 mins to go!

Hope y'all enjoy, I've had a few buds pull me up about the lack of House that is on the Soundcloud page, so this is the first dance track I've thrown up, I sincerely hope you enjoy listening, as much as I enjoyed making.

As always, all comments/criticisms/knob jokes at my expense, are very much welcome.

http://soundcloud.com/epigenetik-1/r...alive-master-2

cheers
Old 2011-11-17, 16:47

Smile

Posted on SC, but essentially, yes, we like.
'Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a crime in progress is not a happy prospect.' - Hunter S Thompson
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC
Old 2011-11-17, 23:01

Smile

Thanks for the listen and the kind words sir

cheers
Old 2011-11-17, 23:31

I likes. I've got an entry in the pipeline but I'm gonna wait till the morning to upload. If I don't I'll have time to regret something. I don't think my version will give yours any serious competition though.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2011-11-17, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedbutton View Post
I likes. I've got an entry in the pipeline but I'm gonna wait till the morning to upload. If I don't I'll have time to regret something. I don't think my version will give yours any serious competition though.
Deadline is long gone dude . It was set for Australian time, so it actually expired at about lunchtime today (UK time) I'm afraid. I only checked it last night, and got a fright when I found out, as I hadn't really finished at that point.

Thanks for the kind words though.
Old 2011-11-17, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiGenetik View Post
Deadline is long gone dude . It was set for Australian time, so it actually expired at about lunchtime today (UK time) I'm afraid. I only checked it last night, and got a fright when I found out, as I hadn't really finished at that point.

Thanks for the kind words though.
The counter on the website says 14 hours to go here....

http://www.360agency.com.au/emm/

If they can't get that right then I don't want to enter anyhow. If they can, you're wrong.
"All submissions are due by midnight Friday 18th November 2011. No exceptions!" it's not midnight on thursday in the uk yet. They're not over a day ahead of us.

Last edited by pushedbutton; 2011-11-17 at 23:54.
Old 2011-11-18, 00:03

Indeed, I think you have until 10.00am tomorrow to get it uploaded to Soundcloud and the link email sent.

Quote:
All submissions are due by midnight Friday 18th November 2011. No exceptions!
I had a tinker with no intention of entering but herself twisted my arm, she's like that (though it's far from finished, IMO).

Loading SoundCloud…
'Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a crime in progress is not a happy prospect.' - Hunter S Thompson
~|~

Last edited by TheFatControlleR; 2011-11-18 at 00:07.
Old 2011-11-18, 00:29

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedbutton View Post
The counter on the website says 14 hours to go here....
That must've been changed since last night then. It was showing about 14 to go this time last night, so they must've realised the "blooper". In which case, may I wish you the best of luck

Cheers
Old 2011-11-18, 12:41

I think you beat me dude....
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2011-11-18, 13:12

I think what this thread has demonstrated, with the three remixes, is that there's more than one was to skin a cat (as they say). I doubt any of us has any insight as to what the judges are looking for or will be swayed by; could be what they personally like, or as a business decision something commercial, or something new, fresh, outside the box.

I really like both your and EpiGenetik's tracks, for different reasons, and if I had to judge unless the brief was tightened up I'd be hard pushed to choose between them. It would probably come down to external factors on the day, what time it is, season, day of the week, weather, like did I have a good night's sleep last night, etc., and I suspect there's a lot of that about when it comes to making a final decision from a short-list.

All we can do as remixers is produce something we like and forget about trying to second-guess the judging panel. Besides, each one of these is good practice and fun - when it stops being fun, well...
~|~

Last edited by TheFatControlleR; 2011-11-18 at 13:29. Reason: SPaG