Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2011-11-23, 11:47
dotLucifer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Need advice buying a second hand reason 6 license

Hello,

I'm planning on buying a second hand Reason 6 license, but the seller says he has got no authorization card, because it was an upgrade from Reason 4. Is this true? You don't get a card when you upgrade?
His Reason 6 license is registered, and he is willing to transfer the license to me.
He will also give me the ignition key.
But I'm worried; Will he be able to get the license back if he shows an authorization card to propellerhead? For instance, if he shows his original Reason 4 authorization card?
For all I know, he might be lying, and as soon as I've paid, he might try to get the license back, by emailing propellerhead, and showing them the authorization card.
This is what I would like to avoid.
How can I make sure the license will be mine forever?

Thank you,

David

Last edited by dotLucifer; 2011-11-23 at 11:58.
  #2  
Old 2011-11-23, 12:02
FrankieFiveFingers's Avatar
FrankieFiveFingers FrankieFiveFingers is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotLucifer View Post
Hello,

I'm planning on buying a second hand Reason 6 license, but the seller says he has got no authorization card, because it was an upgrade from Reason 4. Is this true? You don't get a card when you upgrade?
His Reason 6 license is registered, and he is willing to transfer the license to me.
He will also give me the ignition key.
But I'm worried; Will he be able to get the license back if he shows an authorization card to propellerhead? For instance, if he shows his original Reason 4 authorization card?
For all I know, he might be lying, and as soon as I've paid, he might try to get the license back, by emailing propellerhead, and showing them the authorization card.
This is what I would like to avoid.
How can I make sure the license will be mine forever?

Thank you,

David

I doubt he is lying, although a boxed version of reason 4 does come with an auth card, I do believe if he does transfer the licence it is then registered to mr Lucifer account.

Wait for an official response though , just for the reassurance.
  #3  
Old 2011-11-23, 12:12
dotLucifer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thanks for your reply.
This is what I've read on the propellerhead site:
You can request license number transfer yourself. Once you receive the software and the authorization card for it, you can send an email to the webmaster with a license number transfer request. We then need the license number(s) that should be transferred and a scan or copy of the authorization card for each license number (we don't need authorization cards for upgrade numbers that are to be transferred) and of course the user account to transfer them to (you need to sign up for a user account on our website before the transfer can take place).

You see, this is what I want to avoid. He might try to get the license back, after I've paid. It seems to me, without the authorization card, I have no proof the software is mine. Even if the seller transfers the license to me, a simple email to propellerhead with a scan of his 'lost' authorization card, might give him the license back..
How can overcome this?

Thanks,

David
  #4  
Old 2011-11-23, 13:45
ohmygoff's Avatar
ohmygoff ohmygoff is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,209
As the Reason 6 upgrade is linked to that old Reason 4 license, the seller would have to sell his complete Reason license to you and should send you the complete Reason 4 package, including the original authorization card.

See here: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...atyoushouldget

The card is what you actually pay for when buying a used license: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...horizationcard

So in case he then tried to get it back, you would have the original card to present to prove you bought it.

What he can't do is sell the upgrade to you but keep his Reaon 4 - they're bundled to one license.

Last edited by ohmygoff; 2011-11-23 at 13:48.
  #5  
Old 2011-11-23, 14:03
dotLucifer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygoff View Post
As the Reason 6 upgrade is linked to that old Reason 4 license, the seller would have to sell his complete Reason license to you and should send you the complete Reason 4 package, including the original authorization card.

See here: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...atyoushouldget

The card is what you actually pay for when buying a used license: http://www.propellerheads.se/support...horizationcard

So in case he then tried to get it back, you would have the original card to present to prove you bought it.

What he can't do is sell the upgrade to you but keep his Reaon 4 - they're bundled to one license.
Thanks for your help!
The seller has told me he will transfer all his licenses, including his original reason 4 license.
I will tell him I need his original authorization card.

Greetings from Belgium,

David
  #6  
Old 2011-11-23, 16:15
kidmidnight's Avatar
kidmidnight kidmidnight is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 402
Dont do it. I'm on week 3 waiting for a real human from the Propellerheads to contact me about transferring a license. I have the card and everything. Horrible customer service.
  #7  
Old 2011-11-23, 16:22
FrankieFiveFingers's Avatar
FrankieFiveFingers FrankieFiveFingers is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmidnight View Post
Dont do it. I'm on week 3 waiting for a real human from the Propellerheads to contact me about transferring a license. I have the card and everything. Horrible customer service.
Hey dude, I went through a licence transfer and it happened asap, quite quickly, they actually have decent customer support usually, friendly too.

Your dilemma must suck, But is quite strange. My licence transfer went through almost immediately after the sale. Are you sure the person transferring the licence too you has requested a licence transfer?
  #8  
Old 2011-11-23, 16:26
ohmygoff's Avatar
ohmygoff ohmygoff is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmidnight View Post
Horrible customer service.
As it has been said on various occasions on the forums, they're still catching up with the tickets coming from the release of R6. Though it doesn't help you personally atm, under normal circumstances they're pretty quick and pretty helpful.
  #9  
Old 2011-11-23, 17:22
kidmidnight's Avatar
kidmidnight kidmidnight is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFiveFingers View Post
Hey dude, I went through a licence transfer and it happened asap, quite quickly, they actually have decent customer support usually, friendly too.

Your dilemma must suck, But is quite strange. My licence transfer went through almost immediately after the sale. Are you sure the person transferring the licence too you has requested a licence transfer?
No they havent. I got it though a 3rd party seller on ebay. I got the software, the box, and the license card. I sent them a copy of the card and a pic of me holding it up with the box. So far.... nothing.

At this point I think I'm just going to pirate the thing. I wanted to buy reason 6 but this is taking forever.
  #10  
Old 2011-11-23, 19:10
dotLucifer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
At this point I think I'm just going to pirate the thing. I wanted to buy reason 6 but this is taking forever.
Good luck with that; cracking Reason 6 is close to impossible. (due to the new ignition key protection)
Record was never cracked either.

D.

Last edited by dotLucifer; 2011-11-23 at 19:12.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to know if a Reason license is upgradable richBjazz General Forum (read only) 2 2011-08-19 21:48
Using your Reason/Record license at work KidBomba Phead User Forum (read only) 12 2011-02-28 21:06
Where is my License of record 1.5 and reason 5.0.1 sandunga1 Phead User Forum (read only) 2 2011-01-01 05:03
Buying USED Reason + Record pack (license transfer) kawaiimomo General Forum (read only) 3 2010-03-04 14:48
Legal license for refills? marcre General Forum (read only) 1 2008-12-30 05:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:20.