Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-11-27, 15:43

Angry Unable to transfer license.

Wow, I am in the reverse situation of another user.

I bought a copy of Reason 6 from this site which I did not need, noticed that I am passed the return period by a few days, so I sold it on ebay (at a big loss). Now I am trying to transfer the license to my buyer. There was no cards in the box, which I thought was strange, but possibly a new thing since the license was automatically registered to my account, and I bought Reason 6 on the launch day (i bet they were busy like crazy,maybe missed something). The license IS on my account though (along side MY copy of reason and other goodies). I try and transfer the license and I get this message:

"DONE! We have received your request for a license transfer and will process it as soon as possible.
You will be notified when the transfer is completed"

This transfer was started the second the buyer signed for the package on Friday.

*we wait two days*
*buyer getting impatient, wants to use Reason 6 on Sunday* (who could blame him)

So I went back in my email, found no emails in spam or inbox from props. My buyer had a brilliant idea and suggested I look in my original invoice email from Prop to look for the registration/license codes. No luck. The invoice had no info, also no other emails sent from props around that time. I am guessing that registration and license numbers arent emailed out due to security risks.

I have had my eBay account since 2002 and have a 100% rating. I sure hope that prop can just transfer this account over before I get a negative. That would really suck for everyone involved.

To my buyer: I am so sorry. I have never transferred a license, I thought it was instant and there was no real information on this site that I could find.
Old 2011-11-27, 15:59

Did you buy a full Reason 6 license or just an upgrade? As the upgrade would be linked to your older Reason license (which I guess you have judging from your Record icon), I doubt that you'll be able to sell it.

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...arlierversions
Old 2011-11-27, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstingray View Post
. The license IS on my account though (along side MY copy of reason and other goodies).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygoff View Post
Did you buy a full Reason 6 license or just an upgrade? As the upgrade would be linked to your older Reason license (which I guess you have judging from your Record icon), I doubt that you'll be able to sell it.
Full Reason 6 license with the box and hardware key. The copy I use and am not selling is an upgrade from Record, and that copy is on a key. The license I am selling isn't attached to a key in 'my products'.

I am supposed to be sleeping so I can work tonight, but this crap is stressing me out. Anyone have any idea? Anyone transfer recently?
Old 2011-11-27, 17:48

The office has been closed since Friday
Old 2011-11-28, 03:47

Dont hold your breath. I requested a license transfer over 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing from them. Their customer service is terrible.
Old 2011-12-30, 00:40

I'm in this same spot, just trying to receive a transferred license.
Old 2011-12-30, 01:49

Usually a 2 working day process but it is holidays so if Craig is off it may take longer.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:49

Red face

sounds like it might just a be fluke, I guess we'll all wait and see
Old 2011-12-30, 08:30
bhope

I don't have an answer for you, but I also received a Reason with no card, no authorization code, and no registration number. I am very angry and tech support says they can only assist me once my product is registered, which I obviously can't do.
Old 2011-12-30, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhope View Post
I don't have an answer for you, but I also received a Reason with no card, no authorization code, and no registration number. I am very angry and tech support says they can only assist me once my product is registered, which I obviously can't do.
From where did you get that?