Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2011-11-27, 23:14

Metronome Settings please!

Not sure why this is missing from Reason, at least I have never seen any metronome settings available.
Studio One lets you select the type of sounds for both the bar and beat ticks, which is very handy.
I hate the default metronome in Reason. The sound is so annoying and very unmusical. I much prefer the classic simple sine wave.
Old 2011-11-28, 18:51

I agree, I've posted about this before as well. There needs to be more adjustments for the metronome. My best example would be the ability to change it to 1/16 or 1/8 kind of like the metronome plugin for PT (TL-metro) the best I've ever used. Totally customized to any players tastes.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:49

I don't mind the sound of the click in Reason, but I LOVE the sound of my MPC click. I always turn the click in Pro tools to sound like the MPC. This would be nice to be able to do.
Old 2011-11-28, 22:53

What's the big difference between setting up different sounds/ measures etc. in a click menu and building a customized Redrum click track?

Last edited by ohmygoff; 2011-11-28 at 22:56.
Old 2011-11-28, 23:02

+1

I like Reason's one, but now that we can track a band in it, it'd be a good idea to have a variety of options. When I've tracked bands at college (in Pro Tools), I've often been asked to make it "sound more like Cubase," for example.
Old 2011-11-28, 23:06

@ohmygoff:

You'd lose the pre-count, but you do have a point.
Old 2011-11-28, 23:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by djangotsp View Post
You'd lose the pre-count
You start recording a bar later, and you have your pre-count. It's all there already.
Old 2011-11-29, 14:17

@ohmygoff
Are you serious? What about time signature changes and pre-count? Would be a lot easier to just have three sound options like default, classic and groove and a shuffle amount option (btw does the metronome follow global shuffle?).
Old 2011-11-29, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiftof View Post
Are you serious? What about time signature changes and pre-count?
Yes, I'm absolutely serious. Need a 17/8 beat? Use a 17 step pattern. Need signature changes? Use different patterns (you wouldn't be able to program that in metronome settings anyway...) Need a pre-count? Wait one bar, then start recording. (Pretty old-school...) What a luxury to waste an entire drum machine just for your own personal click...

Last edited by ohmygoff; 2011-11-29 at 15:22.
Old 2011-11-29, 19:55

The main problem with workarounds is that eventually you'd be spending too much time to set up all your workarounds for features that should be eventually built in. Or you'd have a clunky template setup either way it's a pain and makes no sense for audio production software.
Why add a new effect that makes things easier or sound better if you can just create a workaround with 5 other things chained together to get something close without all the features... ?
The click is totally usable right now and I myself only really use the standard 4/4 click and I actually like the sound of reasons, but if you're working with a metal drummer for example, those guys can get crazy with what they want the click to do and it's nice to be able to pull up your click tool window and give them what they want.