Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2011-12-08, 05:51

Make Reason a Rewire Host

Reason 6 is a complete DAW in it's own right.

I don't want to have to use another DAW just to access something like Melodyne or other Rewire slave capable standalone applications.
Old 2011-12-08, 12:05

Especially since this is Propellerhead developed technology which has been implemented by so many other companies.
I can understand avoiding VST, but Rewire??
Old 2011-12-08, 14:24

if it'd be a rewirehost, we could literally rewire into any daw and use it's effects at least! which would certainly stop a lot of the vst b.s.
--James
www.soundcloud.com/thevelvetconspiracy
Old 2011-12-08, 17:23

Is there a reason that Reason is NOT a Rewire host? This suggestion has been made before, but I've never seen an explanation for why Reason is slave-only vis a vis Rewire. Can any of the Props chime in here?

Dave
Old 2011-12-08, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflynn View Post
Is there a reason that Reason is NOT a Rewire host?
Beats the brown stuff out of me!! You can maybe understand it being a Rewire Slave from it's humble beginnings (just). But if Reason is not big enough to stand up on its own as a Rewire Master then I don't know what is. This is now somewhat overdue & here's hoping in version 6.5/7.0. Reason deserves to be the centre of the studio as far as I'm concerned & Rewire Master status is the next phase in this becoming a reality
Old 2011-12-08, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflectionjack View Post
if it'd be a rewirehost, we could literally rewire into any daw and use it's effects at least! which would certainly stop a lot of the vst b.s.
--James
www.soundcloud.com/thevelvetconspiracy
I really don't want to use another DAW - thats the point. I feel like I am being forced into giving some other DAW company my money just so that I can load my machine up with three different apps running at once to acheive a simple goal.
Not to mention the load on my CPU. Reason runs beautifully by itself, I cant beleive how much you can load up the rack without it draining your CPU too much. Introduce two other peices of software like another fully fledged DAW just so you can use Melodyne while a song is playing in Reason and see what happens!
Old 2011-12-10, 04:52

+1 million

This is my single biggest wish for Reason 7.

And if they could throw in punch-in recording, sub-groups in the mixer, and a frequency analyzer, than I will be able to stop using all of Phead's competitors DAWs. Did you hear me, Props?!? I will stop using your competitor's DAW software and use yours' exclusively!!
Old 2011-12-10, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamantauskas View Post
+1 million

This is my single biggest wish for Reason 7.

And if they could throw in punch-in recording, sub-groups in the mixer, and a frequency analyzer, than I will be able to stop using all of Phead's competitors DAWs. Did you hear me, Props?!? I will stop using your competitor's DAW software and use yours' exclusively!!
Totally agree!!
Old 2011-12-20, 12:18

Now Renoise is 64 bit I would love to rewire it into Reason. It makes much more sense for Reason to be a rewire master now as in my opinion it has the best mixer out of all the daws. I don't want to rewire Reason into something else, it doesn't seem right now it is so capable.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:16

+1 on Reason as Master.....Sibelius will rewire for notation and sharing sounds.for now, I have to rewire oth into Logic.Guess Apps(apple) wins again..