Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-08-16, 09:20

In Ear Headphones for Live Performance Keyboard

Howdy all,

Are there any good in ear headphones on the market that give a clear response through the entire range that would work well for live performances? My Sennheiser closed ear headphones sound stellar, but they look clunky on stage and when everyone else is playing my volume goes to virtually null.

I ordered some Shure SCL2 Sound Isolating Earphones because they had great reviews that made it seem like they would work. I am impressed with the construction, and the sound is really really clear, but there is absolutely no low end on them.

The day after I ordered the Shures Newegg had a sale on a $79.99 pair of Sennheiser |CX300Bs for $18.99 so I ordered two. They have a slight hiss in them(I didn't believe a couple reviewers that just plugged in they hiss on everything but they do, barely). The sound isn't as clear as the Shure, but still pretty good and they seem to have a ton more low end. I have just listened through iTunes and the Reason on screen keyboard, but they might work good.

Are there any others that come highly recommended for lots of live playing?