Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-06-01, 20:51

Volume Control on Combinator

Although I appreciate that the simplicity of the combinator is what makes it such a great device, I think it could be greatly improved by one single feature: A gain stage with a volume control.

First of all, I sometimes find myself adding a mixer just before the output of the combi because I need the gain stage to get the level I want on the output. It works but it's annoying and messy.

More importantly, I almost always reserve rotary 4 for for volume on my my combi's. I tend to compose, arrange and mix at the same time, and find that being able to do volume automations on the combi (e.g. fades) while using the mixer to adjust the level of the instrument relative to other tracks is very, very useful and allows me to work much more smoothly as I don't have to go back and redo fades and other volume automation quite as often. It would however be great not to have to use one of the rotary controls for this purpose.

Last edited by Dubrowski; 2008-06-01 at 20:54.