Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-07-23, 11:17

Redrum Pattern Save/Edit

A future suggestion would be to ugrade the redrum machine to add the following feature: -

1) Saving drum patterns (comes in useful instead of having to program whole song)

I.E. You can load a drum pattern from the redrum machine for each of the 10 drum channels.

If you have a hi hat arrangement you simply load that hi hat pattern for the equivalent drum channel. Obiviously you will need to have created the hi hat pattern first or maybe they could come with some pre-loaded. Maybe not full hihat pattersn for 200 bars but may 4 bars etc.

E.G. This could be applied to the kick/bass for channel 1, congas and tablas for channels 6 & 7 etc.

You will still be able to edit them in the reason sequenceR and save them individually or as a whole drum sequence. Then you just can simply change the type of drum. This will save loads of time having to programme drum patterns.

I.E. You have a bass drum pattern but it is difficult to find the right hi hat pattern, just simply load the ones you have created previously. Sound good to me

Also if you have snare fills you would like to use you can just load the snare fill pattern. This is only a suggestion, probably a lot more to think about first. Like how to position the pattern in track I suppose this could be overcome by indiviual to track buttons on each on the redrum channels then it will copy the pattern into the left and right indicators.

Last edited by Epitetus; 2008-07-23 at 15:18.