Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-07-24, 18:14

Reason won't recognise my midi keyboard - HELP!

Hi,

I have just installed Reason and it will not acknowledge the existence of my M-Audio Oxygen 61 keyboard. I know that the keyboard is working because I have used it with some soft synths, and I can use it at the moment without any problems with a VST host. But I do not know what midi port the usb socket that I am using is, and when I ask reason to auto-detect the keyboard, pressing a key or using a slider, nothing happens|: the 'choose' and 'try again' buttons are greyed out and not clickable and it just sits there. Reason does not seem to be able to find the drivers for the keyboard either, which is what it tries to do before asking for the 'keypress' method of finding a control surface.

Any suggestions as to how I might resolve this problem. Reason is not much use to me without a keyboard!

Many thanks for your help,

Taggart King