Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-10-13, 01:33

Exclamation cant open a reason file

I am using Reason 4.0 in a project studio of a composition i began at home on the same version. I was mixing down the project, exported it as a song. I loaded the audio into Pro Tools to master. I heard soemthing i didn't like in the mix and went back to Reason to fix the mix (didn't run reason in rewire mode because the reason file itself has a LOT of processing and the system couldn't handle it)
When i went to reopen it, I get the following error

Media Problem
The Operation could not be completed because of a media related problem

I read on a couple of other forums that the problem may be a corrupted refill or sound library. That would make perfect sense IF I didn't have a different version of the same file using the same exact refills that opens without a problem. The only difference being that the file I am trying to open now contains all the various EQ and compression settings for my mix. YES I can just do the mix over, but time is money and studios are expensive.

I have also tried to open it on two other computers running Reason 4.0 to no avail. This is the only file that gives this problem.

PLEASE HELP. This beat is due yesterday

All computers were PC running Windows XP Professional