Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-10-13, 23:14
bobbbbbbb

Reason, Sonor,Toneport , Rewire question

Hello, everyone. I will not waste your time and get right to my problem. I truly hope someone kind will help!
I use Windows XP service pack 2
I have been using Reason 3.0 for a couple of years. All is well there.
About 2 months ago I was talked into getting Sonar Home Studio 6/6xl.
I also recently started experimenting with Toneport UX1.

I suppose that I am completely brainwashed on Reason because I have had nothing but difficulties with Sonar AND Reason together. I have followed the instructions on how to use Rewire, but it just isn't working right-and I do not know why. If someone would make a simple small list to follow as to how to set this combination up, I might be able to use this correctly.
I do not think that I have set Rewire up correctly and perhaps this is the whole basis of my problems.

Here's what happens. When I follow the instructions on how to rewire, I quickly get this error message:

Reason
Midi input problem. One or more of the midi inputs could not be opened. They might be in use by another application. Open the preferences dialog and check your midi setting
s.

I do as it suggests but do not really know what I am suppose to do. Does anyone know what this message refers to exactly?

It seems as though I am alone in this problem, and Sonar tech tells me that it is a Reason problem.

Additionally, and maybe related is a loud buzzing sound which freezes my entire system. I get this about 15-20 minutes into working on something.

If anyone could help with this I would be greatly appreciative and will mention you on my album under "Special Thanks". I really will. I am losing a great amount of time with this nonsense-I am simply trying to insert some guitar tracks on something that was supposed to be easily accomplished. Many thanks for your consideration my friends.

Bob