Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-10-21, 08:37
ZoomFurley

Problem Opening File

Hi all- first time on this site--hope someone can help--i have Reason 3.0 on a Windows pc (yeah im kinda behind!). lately i havent been able to open two music files that I stored on an external hard drive. I get a message that reads "The operation could not be completed because of a media related problem". People have advised me to bring the files from the external drive to my Reason folder. I've tried copying and pasting the files onto my Reason folder( the only such folder that I know of on my pc, located inside of MyMusic folder which I access via the "start" menu button on my taskbar). ive tried sending the files from the external drive to myDocuments (which contains MyMusic folder). ive also tried dragging the files from the external drive's window to my Reason folder's window to no avail. The files appear to be copied but are unable to be opened on either the external drive or my Reason folder. I suspect that the problem may be something very simple staring me right in the face, perhaps having to do with the way I saved those files. Unfortunately, Im a complete amateur--Id greatly appreciate any input..