Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-12-09, 20:16

Intelligent 'Return to Original'.

I often (in fact, I usually) 'tweak' patches while playing - especially during solos (yes, I'm old; I like prog rock with solos). On the synths/samplers in Reason, I'd like a facility to return to the original sound in an interesting way. A couple of suggestions for this:-

1) A 'morph back all' button. I guess this is self-explanatory.

2) Selective 'morph back'. As above but would require a click to enable, a click for (on) each parameter to be affected (perhaps the first click could also 'light up' all altered parameters) and a click to initiate action.

3) 'Morph back single' - click to switch on, click to select parameter.

These could be tempo controlled so all parameters morph back in a pre-set time (beat/bar/instant/whatever).

I know it's possible to tweak your way back to the original sound but, by the time I finish messing, I've usually completely forgotten what I've done and what the original sounded like. Perhaps another sign of being old.