Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2008-12-26, 10:44

Imrove Chopping with Recycle

In my opinion, Recycle is one of Reason's best tools for sampling and producing hip hop beats when it comes to looping a sample. Recycle is also good for chopping up a sample, but it could be better with a minor improvement. I have a suggestion that could improve Recycle's ability to chop samples:

We already know that when you have your sample or .wav file opened in Recycle, you can make your loop the way you want it or create your own slices wherever you want. When I find a sample I like to make slices, chop up the sample, and play out the slices on the keyboard. But in order for me to do that after I create the slices, I have to create/save the rex file and then open it in the dr. rex in reason before I can play it out on the keyboard, which can be very repetitive and tedious if I'm constantly making changes. If I can play the slices on my keyboard as I create them in Recycle before saving the rex file, this would make chopping so much easier and similar to the same chopping system as an MPC or an ASR-10 uses. I would definitely spend the money for this minor improvement. Also, time stretching for each slice would very helpful as well.