Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-01-01, 14:15

Orchestral (sort of) Vocal Chillout Remix (Kinky Roland ft. Andrea Britton) Out Now..

Happy New Year Everyone!

I was recently lucky enough to work on a remix of a brilliant brilliant song by Kinky Roland ft. Andrea Britton (she has an AWESOME voice!). The original is a really smooth house track. Today is the first time I have heard the other remixes and they are all killer; they really are good! Anyway, I was asked to do a chillout remix, so I gave it my best shot.

I've used some swirly pads from Sylenth and the Bitword Wavefront refill at the start. The drums are all Reason, as are the plucked and bowed strings (Miroslav Refill) and the piano (Reason Pianos), the bass is made up of 2 Thors. The 2 ARPs that play at various points are Sylenth. I normally use Reason to process delay and reverb on vocals, but this time I decided to go totally over the top; I've drowned the vocals in reverb from the Sonnox Oxford Reverb plugin. I've committed the grave sin of using delay on the bass I wanted the bass to have a rolling feel so I applied a bit of Thor delay with short feedback, I think it just about works.

Anyway, you can hear some of it and buy it here:

http://www.audiojelly.com/tracks/208214

or hear all of it here:

http://www.myspace.com/avatarone

Check out the other remixes too (Elucidate's progressive remix is excellent, the ARP they use sounds very BT like), there are some seriously good ones!

Mike

Airwave & Avatar One - Chase Childhood Monsters - out now on J00f Recordings Listen/Buy on Beatport

Last edited by AvatarOne; 2009-01-01 at 14:49.