Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-01-22, 23:29

Reason Real Time Arranger

I'm sure this will offend all the seasoned, skilled muso's here but I'll say it anyway:

An arranger module would be pretty cool. Something that had a set of pre-programmed rhythms - e.g the traditional waltz, bossa nova, swing etc, or like my Yamaha DJX - electro, goa, trance etc. Pre-programmed bass lines, arpeggio, chords that transpose in real time with part of a split keyboard. Lots of real time mangling with control surfaces etc for changing sounds, intros/out/variations. It would be wired to existing Reason devices and sequencer for sound creation. Maybe compatibility with one of the 'standards' for existing hardware auto arrangers. And the big cool feature - record to tracks which would convert the played piece to traditional Reason sequencer tracks for editing.

I think this device could open up a new market for Propellerhead, and for existing users, be either a scratch pad, a device to automate "performance" set ups, a source of inspiration, a tutor, etc.

If this is a bit too much away from the core strategy of Reason, then a "performance" device that automates the use of templates, keyboard splits and control surfaces for real time playing, would still be useful.

Raymond