Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-01-29, 20:42

Unhappy Help! Writer's Block!

Hello everyone,

I'm new the forums, just recently purchased Reason 4... Great program! I hope I am posting to the correct forum regarding my problem.

I've done music for an independent film, for various local video productions, and wrote music for a local band in the past, so I do have some composing experience to draw from. However, I am completely without focus at the moment regarding my music.

What are some suggestions regarding "writer's block" when it involves music composition? I have tried many different styles but nothing is coming together whatsoever. I have purchased and downloaded free Refills, so it's not a lack of sound palettes to chose from. And I'm reading "Power Tools for Reason 3.0" to learn more techniques. If anything, I feel overwhelmed.

Any ideas or tips on getting the creative process going again will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you and best wishes to all,
Shan