REASON[able] feature requests
All right, not so long ago I was totally furious about many things that Reason was lacking like
VST/VSTi support (oh, and imagine I would survive a crash or two once a year for that special
fx/synth), advanced MIDI/Sequencer notes manipulation as in FL/Sonar/Cubase..., more robust
EQs, Delay and other DSPs... just to name a few, but lately I am realising that those things
probably wont happen in a forsiable future. Well, it's in people's (ours, mine, yours) nature
to always want more - more then enough acctually, often loosing precious perspective of how
much is enough.
So, anyway, something that bothers my mind for some time is listed here:
* MIDI/Sequencer/Note Editing related
- Bring back that STRAIGHT LINE tool; I know that since the introduction of vector based
automation (for Volume, Pan, Pitch etc.) you thought this tool became obsolite, but trust me -
it is still handy & precious for linear note velocity manipulations of notes! (resolved: after all, good old line is still there, CTRL + left mouse)
- Programable LFO Funtion for easier automation (sine, sawtooth, square, unipolar/bipolar
modes, sync to tempo etc.). Should I say this is missing from day 1? (Chaining Subtractor or DrRex as LFO source is not quite the same thing.)
- It would be nice to at least integrate back Quantize settings from Tool window (this is now
only present as a "lost shortcut" within Sequencer>Edit Menu). Like it was in Reason 3.
- Option to export ONLY selected MIDI track or tracks, not a whole song
- (like science fiction, but anyway Option to ignore some MIDI channels during MIDI import
(like Pitch, Velocity, Pan, other non-standard/not used controllers from other hosts for which
Reason always create tons of EMPTY lanes). OR at least, automatically hide/do not show/delete
those empty lanes without any data.
- Improved Quantizer (hint: note start times, note ends, note duration)
* Patch Browser related
- Please integrate some form of special technology so Reason could never ever forget its PATCH
browser size & position (like it is now with SONG Browser for example). It always changes back to
to smaller proportions and preset position. Point is - if I have so many user locations, I
always have to scroll in smaller window and in order to avoid that I always like to resize the
whole Patch browser window.
* MIXER related
- "Copied" inscribed names of Send FX plugins in chained (Slave) Mixers (now those fields are always left blank so I always have to go up to see what is where)
- Improved 14.2 Mixer EQ with custom F/Q values
- Cant remember one more important thing (later )
* REFILL/Browser related:
- I do not know if am I doing something wrong, but should REASON automatically search for
"missing" refills in user's (added) locations? I have two PCs (laptop & desktop) and it is
tedious to often manually point Reason to some Refills (in the same locations) every time I exchange songs between them (Refills on laptop and desktop are contained in different locations for obvious
reasons... less # of HDDs).
* SCIENCE FICTION
Ok, this is a dream: NN-XT, Malstrom & Thor as a "stand-alone" VSTi plugins (and why NN-XT? Because of direct refill browsing capability, of course)
/to be continued/
Last edited by Darko101; 2009-02-08 at 21:58.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|With all this talk of feature requests lately...||stormchild||General Forum (read only)||25||2003-09-08 03:33|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:39.