Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-02-16, 14:11

Talking Computer Keyboard Note Input

If this exists, I haven't found it. I know there are third party apps but I'm carrying around a 12" Powerbook and I don't want to have to deal with another window.

Ableton Live has it selectable in the input menu. Logic has it selectable via caps lock. This would extremely convenient and would allow many of us to get more work done while on the road. Just select it in the preferences list and bingo - done. Oh and while we're at, how about making it so that we can step-record via computer keyboard into Matrix?

I've been with Reason since the beginning and I think it's still one of the great if somewhat misunderstood environments out there. I can do without the audio recording and the VSTi which no one seems to get tired of asking for. I think computer note input is consistent with the streamlined, self-contained philosophy on which Reason is based.

Just my two cents.

Thanks!